Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Cheaper Alcohol

General chat and talk about whisky.

Cheaper Alcohol

Postby Ganga » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:47 am

Ganga
Matured cask

Re: Cheaper Alcohol

Postby johan brugge » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Well, I don't think that here in Flanders (Belgium) people are bothered with the surch of cheaper liquor that much. At least I'm not. In fact, the whisky business is booming here. You can find more and more special whiskies in the supermarkets etc. Some whiskies, like the common Lagavulin, cost about 48 € while a few years ago it was something like 40-42 € and still the range of different kind of whiskies keeps growing. I think for now it's still a matter of research. If you take your time to look for the best price you can do a bargain. The same thing for our beers. The prices go up almost every year but people still go to bars and pubs to drink. Actually, the special beers like the Trappist beers etc are also booming. The youth is fed up with the alcohol pops (as we call them). They turned to drinking special beers. It might all change soon because since this year it's not allowed to smoke in the bars/pubs. If things go the way tehey do like in the UK or the Netherlands, people might buy their alcohol (cheap) in the supermarkerts and drink with their friends at home.
johan brugge
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder