Hi folks - I know you all like to spend other peoples money, so I thought I'd ask for some advice about an upcoming purchase. I've recently got into scotch after visiting Scotland. At the moment, I'm trying to go for some great whiskies, with a view to being as broad as possible. Good single malts are quite expensive in Australia, so I'm putting in a large order from a Scottish online retailer and, to minimise shipping costs, it will be a big order. I'm buying 12 bottles all up (4 are for friends) - I've decided on 5 of the remaining 8 - details below - and I'd love some suggestions for the other 3 - especially if you can think of things I might be overlooking.
Here's what I have already:
- Aberlour A'bunadh batch 27 (love it)
- Highland Park 12yo
- HP 18yo dumpy (unopened)
- Glenfiddich 15yo solera (not a huge fan)
- Glenmorangie Lasanta (unopened)
- Royal Lochnagar 12yo
- Bruichladdich 12yo 2nd Ed (not a fan)
- Laphroaig Quarter Cask
- Talisker 18yo (amazing)
- Talisker 57N (unopened)
- Yamazaki 12yo (not a huge fan)
- Johnnie Walker black
- Jameson 12yo
Here's what I've chosen to buy:
- A'bunadh (again)
- Tali 18yo (again)
- 1990 Signatory cask strength Mortlach
- Lagavulin 16yo
- Ardbeg Uigeadail
So, I'd really love some other suggestions from you experienced Whisky buffs.
I'm thinking of adding another HP to the order, as I absolutely love it - am tossing up between two Signatory bottlings:
- 1990 (17yo Sherry cask) http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/produc ... 0000032307
- 1986 (21yo Bourbon cask) http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/produc ... 0000031171
If anyone has any experience of these, I'd love to hear about it.
Also up for consideration is Maccallan, but I don't know which one. Well, I'm sure there's plenty I've overlooked - please give me some tips!!