Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Purchasing a barrel

General chat and talk about whisky.

Purchasing a barrel

Postby whiskylover1960 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:44 pm

I joined to see if I could find some information about distilleries which sell barrels of whisky. I'm looking for a special present for my husband. Is a barrel a practical Christmas present for a whisky enthusiast? Does anyone know whether any distilleries sell vouchers that would enable the recipient to choose the type of whisky. I've seen different prices for barrels. If a full size barrel is too expensive, l would consider, if available buying a small attractive looking barrel full of whisky. Would it be practical to keep it in a warm office or would it evaporate. Does anyone keep whisky in a barrel with a tap on it in their garage? Is there any way of knowing what is a fair price to pay. I've looked at a site, http://www.whiskybroker.co.uk that sells barrels but the prices seem to vary greatly in price. Any comments about this type of present would be welcomed.
whiskylover1960

Re: Purchasing a barrel

Postby Willie JJ » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:13 pm

Collector57 wrote:Bladnoch distillery would be a good starting place for a cask or a share of a cask and they do casks from other distilleries too

I agree. Bladnoch offer the easiest route I think.
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder