Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Bevmo Experience

General chat and talk about whisky.

The Bevmo Experience

Postby Ganga » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Today marks the grand opening of a Bevmo (Beverages and More chain store) 1/2 block down from the office. I thought I would see what this store was going to be like. So at lunch I walked down to the store and started perusing the whiskies. Now an older couple brings over the manager to ask about whisk(e)y recommendations. He's hemming and hawing about a question at which point I give the answer. Unfortunately, I ended up spending the rest of lunch in the shop "helping" out. Missed getting lunch. :cry:

Moral: Is there one?
Ganga
Matured cask

Re: The Bevmo Experience

Postby Alzarius » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:32 am

Did the older couple get something good? :)

Haven't perused the scotch whisky section in Bevmo for a few years now. I think there might be some good deals, but definitely not as good as when they used to have these 10 off 30 coupons..... but that was way way way back around 2000-1. I used to go there often when they had good deals.
Alzarius

Postby Ganga » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:56 am

They selected a good middle of the road bourbon. Ridgemont Reserve 1792.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby pkt77242 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:55 am

Ganga wrote:Today marks the grand opening of a Bevmo (Beverages and More chain store) 1/2 block down from the office. I thought I would see what this store was going to be like. So at lunch I walked down to the store and started perusing the whiskies. Now an older couple brings over the manager to ask about whisk(e)y recommendations. He's hemming and hawing about a question at which point I give the answer. Unfortunately, I ended up spending the rest of lunch in the shop "helping" out. Missed getting lunch. :cry:

Moral: Is there one?

Unfortunately I find that experiences like this are all to common at big box retailers. I spend a fair amount of my time at Total Wine helping people out in the spirits section (whisk(e)y, rum, gin, tequila, brandy/cognac, etc).

Ganga wrote:They selected a good middle of the road bourbon. Ridgemont Reserve 1792.

At least you helped them pick out a pretty good bourobn. :thumbsup: :iwbrnt:
pkt77242
Matured cask

Postby Swedish Chef » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:18 am

I'd say the moral is that you (and Sean as well) are no strangers to good deeds. And no matter what your believes are, a good deed is a good deed. My hat's of to you gent's! :thumbsup:
Swedish Chef
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder