Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Clubs

General chat and talk about whisky.

Whisky Clubs

Postby snuky255 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:26 am

When I got to work this morning at 06:00 I was meet by an excited work college with an idea. He wants to get 10 people from work and or friends and start our own whisky club. His idea is for each of us to put in a sum of money each month to buy a case of 12 bottles of diffrent single malts. Each person then gets a bottle to take home and enjoy :mrgreen: , two bottles then get stored. At the end of the year we bring out the stored bottles and have a tasting session with the stored bottles. Has any one else got any experiances or tips and ideas for this sort of thing? Good places to buy 12 bottles a month from that could pass on a discount?
snuky255

Re: Whisky Clubs

Postby MacDeffe » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:59 am

It's easier to help requests like yours if you state where you are living. !

Steffen
MacDeffe
Bronze Member

Postby bcrossan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:16 pm

I know a group in LA that does something like this. But as Steffen said your location is needed to offer suggestions
bcrossan
Silver Member

Postby Ganga » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I kind of like the twist of each getting a different bottle to take home to enjoy. Is the idea to sample the bottles as a group before they go home to be enjoyed? It is nice to split costs to expand your experience.

LA does it with 6 bottles a month that are sampled by everyone, three are new and three are a repeat from the prior month. They also do a Peat Theme once a year with a bbq.
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder