Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Anyone who saw AMC's The Killing pick up on the single malt

General chat and talk about whisky.

Anyone who saw AMC's The Killing pick up on the single malt

Postby Alzarius » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:21 am

Anyone who saw AMC's The Killing pick up on the single malt connection?

(Spoilers below!!!!)

I'm convinced that the writer of the show is a staunch single malt fan, and in particular, he must really like the Octomore Orpheus 02.2. WHY?

Well, one of the key characters in the show (Darren Richmond) not only drinks single malts every now and then in the show, but in the very last episodes, it was revealed that he goes by the alias "Orpheus" and in one scene he made a point of mentioning he was drinking a Chateau Petrus, and asked the lead investigator (Linden) if she wanted some too. The Octomore Orpheus is matured in Petrus casks.

It struck me immediately that the writer deliberately used Petrus to go with Orpheus, AND with all the occasions that the character chose to drink a single malt, I'm pretty convinced he deliberately inserted that in as an hommage of sorts.

Anyone who watched this show pick up on this? :mrgreen:
Alzarius

Re: Anyone who saw AMC's The Killing pick up on the single m

Postby LeoDLion » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:57 am

I watched the first episode but did not pick up on the single malt. Two drinks that I desire to have is Octomore and Petrus. Oct is not available in the USA. And I know that Petrus is a very very expensive wine. It ranges from somewhere around $2000 to about $150,000 per bottle. Way way too much for my wallet.
LeoDLion
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder