Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Help needed!!

General chat and talk about whisky.

Help needed!!

Postby Unknowing » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:17 pm

My boyfriend is soon celebrating his 30th birthday and I'd like to surprise him with a bottle of good whisky because he loves it.. But I don't have a clue what should I choose :roll: So far I have had a exact orders from him ( Bruichladdich sherry classic, Laphroiag triple wood, Jura Superstition, Caol Ila 10y).. Does these tell you something on his taste? What on earth should I choose to him,please, I'm helpless!! :cry:
Unknowing

Re: Help needed!!

Postby Ganga » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:35 am

He does seem to have a taste for peat. Some other things become relevant too. Do you want to get him something special (out of the ordinary to him)? What is your price point and where are you at? You may be able to take advantage of some of the on-line retailers like The Whisky Exchange (UK) or Binny's (Chicago).

Without knowing the above, some thoughts still occur.

Ardbeg 10
Ardbeg Uigeadail (sherry casks vatted in)
Lagavulin 12 CS
Lagavulin 16
Talisker 18
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby bredman » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:22 am

If you're located in the UK (although they do deliver to the US) then you could consider one of these. Those old Strathisla are usually fantastic.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/Age-30.aspx
bredman
Double Gold Member

Postby Unknowing » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks already for these tips.. :) I'm planning to use my friends help,she's now in UK and is coming home by christmas and has promised to bring that whiskey to me from there. I've been thinking that I could buy something special to him and my budget is something like £60-90. Like Bredman,I've considered those 30 year old whiskeys also but my other idea is a whiskey which is somehow linked to me,like it's distilled in 1986 (I was born in 1986). Can you still recommend something from there?
Unknowing

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder