Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Most influential person in the past decade?

General chat and talk about whisky.

Most influential person in the past decade?

Postby nash60975 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:21 am

With all of the new corporate developments, microdistilleries, and innovative expressions in the past decade, Who do people think was the most influential person in the Whisky world in that time?

This is not necessarily limited to Scotland either.
nash60975

Re: Most influential person in the past decade?

Postby rogerdodger » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Well that's a tough one as there are several names that spring to mind.
My vote would probably be for John Glaser of Compass Box fame. He shook up the Whisky industry almost single-handedly and continues to do so. You don't even have to like his whiskies (I do) but he has removed a few cobwebs in the Whisky world.
rogerdodger

Postby nash60975 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:23 am

Roger,

I agree, John Glaser was actually the person I had in mind when I posted the topic. Jim McEwan with Bruichladdich was also on the list among a few others, but Glaser has really changed the playing field since starting Compass Box. Any favorites of his releases? Flaming Box 10th Anniversary is one of my top whiskies.
nash60975

Postby rogerdodger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 pm

nash60975 wrote:Roger,

I agree, John Glaser was actually the person I had in mind when I posted the topic. Jim McEwan with Bruichladdich was also on the list among a few others, but Glaser has really changed the playing field since starting Compass Box. Any favorites of his releases? Flaming Box 10th Anniversary is one of my top whiskies.

I had/tried most of their bottlings at some point, including the Flaming Heart 10th Anniverary, which I thoroughly enjoyed. By far my favourite, however, was the Hedonism 10th anniversary - an incredible dram - an old Invergordon. The one I wish I had been able to get my hands on was the Hedonism Maximus!
rogerdodger

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder