Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Belgian Whiskyclub in creation

General chat and talk about whisky.

Belgian Whiskyclub in creation

Postby Iwan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering what a Whiskylover expects from a Whiskycub if He or She would like to join one or is allready a member of one.

For that reason I have put a rather straith-forward and basic questionaire on-line on http://www.oakcaskclub.com (Belgian Wiskyclub in conceptual creation phase without any members yet).

I would be most gratefull if you would be so kind to lend me 2 mins. of your time and fill the questionaire.

KR,
Iwan
Iwan

Re: Belgian Whiskyclub in creation

Postby johan brugge » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 am

Why don't you ask this question on a Flemish or even Dutch whisky forum such as Cask Six, Het Whiskyforum or Levenswater?
johan brugge
Double Gold Member

Postby Iwan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Hello Johan,

This is a rather generic querstionaire which is not limited to a specific country but to all whisky amateurs wherever situated on this world. The questionaire holds for most people verry obvious questions but it also has a comment field where you can specify specific needs or wishes, and that's the one I'm realy interested in.

To answer your question:
My registration for the forum of Cask Six has been pending since 2 weeks and I have submitted a new one with a new name last week. Hope they will accept my registration...
The dutch whisky forum subscription is accepted since this WE and I will certainly check your lead to "levenswater" as I never heard of that one.

Iwan
Iwan

Postby johan brugge » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:54 am

Well, don't get your hopes up with the Cask Six forum. There is not a lot of activity going on and Lord Beppie is not the fastest one to answer your PM's, IF he answers at all. Where in Belgium do you live?
johan brugge
Double Gold Member

Postby Iwan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 am

Hi Johan,

Sorry for the rather late answer, I'm living in Beauraing, a city in the Namur region.
Hard to find whisky enthusiasts arround here I must say. On the other hand there is a whiskyclub in the Liege region (Taste Still) that claims to have 980 members. Quite impressive number for a Belgian Whisky club. I wonder how they acquired such a massive number of subscriptions.
Iwan

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder