Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Latest Balbair

General chat and talk about whisky.

Latest Balbair

Postby whiteshirt » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 am

Has anybody bought this one and tasted yet? Looks like a first for Balbair with Ardbeg overtones

Sorry if this is old news , looked for it on the forums can't find it..

It’s here. Purchase your Gathering Place special release.

I’m delighted to announce that the first of our special bottlings of Balblair is now available: Cask 1463 from 1990.

This limited edition is genuinely exclusive to The Gathering Place members. We have only 150 bottles available, and you probably won’t be surprised to learn it's restricted to one bottle per member.

What makes Cask 1463 unique is the remarkable influence of a single American oak cask, previously used to mature an Islay whisky. This is a Balblair with a twist.

Obviously such a whisky won’t be around forever, it’s only available in the UK at this time, and only from us on a first-come, first-served basis. To secure your bottle visit our online shop.

We’re confident you’ll find it makes a big impression. And once you’ve savoured it, why not share your tasting notes in your Vintage Cabinet at The Gathering Place?

Don’t miss out. Purchase your bottle today.

Yours sincerely

John MacDonald
Distillery Manager
whiteshirt
Bronze Member

Re: Latest Balbair

Postby cavalier66 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:55 pm

I have bought it but not opened it yet. 36 on the go to finish - or at least reduce - before opening some new ones... Looking forward to this (alongside my Balblair 1975 and 1978!)
cavalier66

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder