Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Jerry Can Flask

General chat and talk about whisky.

The Jerry Can Flask

Postby JackDaniels » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:03 pm

One flask I'd really like to have is a jerry can flask. They are 5 oz. or 6 oz. flasks made to look like steel gas cans. I first learned about this flask from the movie "The Island." Steve Buscemi's character uses one in the movie.

One company that makes a 6 oz. version is Rothco. This model is sold on Amazon, but gets very bad quality reviews. The 5 oz. version is different, and may not be so bad. It is probably more compact, and might be a better buy, but I'm interested in the 6 oz. That extra ounce could mean a lot one day. I would actually like to buy both, but I want to know what companies make the jerry can flask. I think a flask identical to the Rothco version might be available, so I could get the same thing with better quality. I really don't want to buy a flask that is only good for decoration in a home bar shelf.

I'm hoping someone here has a jerry can flask, or knows about them, and can enlighten me on which one to buy.

Some of the online listings for the 6 oz. flask say that it is made by Rothco, but there are many that look exactly the same that don't list Rothco as the manufacturer. How do you know if a flask is made by Rothco. The reason I'm asking is that the Rothco flask gets such bad reviews. I want to buy a quality flask.
JackDaniels

Re: The Jerry Can Flask

Postby JackDaniels » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:06 pm

I forgot a question mark. "How do you know if a flask is made by Rothco?"

It looks like I can't edit my post. No 'edit' button.
JackDaniels

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder