Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Johnnie Walker Black Label Priceindex!!!

General chat and talk about whisky.
Related whiskies : Johnnie Walker Black Label

Postby Lawrence » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:53 pm

we all know that Toronto is the Centre of the Universe

I smell a regional bun fight among the Canadians in the works...... :twisted: :wink:

Well done Dave, I think BC is finally waking up to the challenge of competing with Alberta, the price of Ardbeg U is an fine example, $149.95 in Alberta and only $109 in BC (although in tiny quantities).
Lawrence
Matured cask

Provincial Prices

Postby Wendy » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:08 pm

Hi Dave,
That is interesting information about Alta and BC. With regards to Ontario and its' unique benefits - I agree completely with your comments, especially the insightful one about Toronto being the centre of the universe! :D Generally speaking, I think Summerhill LCBO does have the greatest selection of whisky than other LCBO's that I have been to in the city (downtown/east end locations). But, I must admit on my last trip to the Tasting Tower last Thursday, their was less stock on the Summerhill shelves...I am now wondering if you have been shopping lately in T.O.? Next time don't clean us out...or at least invite me along.

Until Lawrence mentioned it, I didn't know that the LCBO was the largest single buyer of alcohol in the world. That is rather impressive and quite the reputation to uphold, eh!

Take care and have a great holiday.

Wendy
Wendy
Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:45 pm

I am now wondering if you have been shopping lately in T.O.? Next time don't clean us out...or at least invite me along.

The Dave whisky buying machine has been......... :D
Lawrence
Matured cask

Re: Provincial Prices

Postby MGillespie » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:25 am

Wendy wrote:I agree completely with your comments, especially the insightful one about Toronto being the centre of the universe! :D

Especially now that hockey's back (though I have a feeling Leafs fans will soon regret the Lindros signing)!!!

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:21 am

Lawrence wrote:
we all know that Toronto is the Centre of the Universe

I smell a regional bun fight among the Canadians in the works...... :twisted: :wink:

Careful...there are Yanks watching! :wink:
Deactivated Member

Postby MGillespie » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:31 pm

So if our friends from Quebec decide to raise Montreal's case as the CotU, under hockey rules, wouldn't that be the "third man in"? In that case, the Quebecois would finally be eligible for ejection! ;)

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby bernstein » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:59 pm

Wendy wrote:Bernie, I am interested to see how you translate Dave's spreadsheet. I hope you use your flair for the psychedelic that is illustrated in your tasting diagram that was posted in another thread! Good show.

Thanks for your confidence, Wendy. But, phew, 233 labels at up to 11 different retail prices :shock: !
Great job anyway, Dave!
It's quite an effort...
bernstein
Gold Member

Related whiskies : Johnnie Walker Black Label

Previous

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder