Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

could u help me please?

General chat and talk about whisky.

could u help me please?

Postby essexhoney » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:15 pm

right if im not supposed to put this here then please move it to wherever its sposed to go lol

right yoursecretcode is a reward site on the internet that sends u free stuff for completing their missions the free stuff can range from anythin from chocolate bars to tvs! which all arrive within 3 days!
unlike some reward sites they do actually send the stuff out n i have had quite a few bits from them for doing not a lot really lol

but at the moment i am trying to save up to get my 5yr old son a tv for his bedroom i bought him a video player n a n64 n an old 2nd hand tv for his birthday last month but the tv is so crappy that the video player n n64 wont work on it so the poor sod aint been able to use yet. i currently have 163 recruits n i need 250 to get the tv for him for every person that signs up using my link (and clicks on the activation code sent to ur email address) i will recieve 1 recruit.

you want recieve any other emails from them at all unless u decide to use the account!

so if any of u lovely people would sign up for me it would be really appreciated n im sure my son would be forever grateful!

this is the link
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

thanks in advance to anyone that does sign up!

Cheers
Sara x
essexhoney

Postby bamber » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:18 pm

Perhaps we should have an internet junk forum also.
bamber
Double Gold Member

Postby essexhoney » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:48 pm

if u cared to take a look at the site u would see it is not junk and if you spent 15mins a day on ther you could infact earn yaself some extra cash.

tbh i actually find that reply rather rude, i am genuinly askin for help so that i can get this tv for my son, in hope to calm him down a bit as he has adhd. im not just some chancer trying their luck
essexhoney

Postby Mr Fjeld » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:53 pm

Hi essexhoney!
Consider this: this is a whisky/whiskey forum, your post/problem has nothing to do with whisky whatsoever, it looks like you are trying to exploit people's empathy in order to get either you or your son something that hasn't anything to do with whisky. People are not here for earning cash - nor are they here for helping others do so!

With all respect honey - your posts and problems do not belong here!

Sincerely
Christian
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Tom » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:07 pm

I agree with bamber, this is not the place for this and to be honest, I dont believe a word of it.
Tom
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:16 pm

Whenever I was young, I wasn't allowed a TV in my room. Didn't have one until I was 22 and rented my own place. My parents thought that it wasn't healthy for children to isolate themselves in their rooms watching telly or playing TV games, etc. In fact, until I was 14, we only had a portable black and white telly that you had to tune manually and fiddle with the aerial every time you changed channel - and we only had three of them to choose from! If we were bored, we had to make ourt own entertainment or even get our parents to play with us.

Nowadays I do have access to a few of life's little luxuries (more than some, and less than others). But at least I work for what I've got.
Deactivated Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:18 pm

Ah, your post brings back memories Nick! Good old days when we used to play outside - despite bad weather! If it was too bad we were allowed inside and we played games (no PC or Game-consolles back then) or listened to those small funny cassette players. I recall Kiss was much played back then and that's probably why I can still remember the lyrics to "I was made for loving you baby" :shock:

Anyway, I guess the next generation is always looked upon as "lazy or irresponsable" and as Socrates said; "Children today are tyrants. The contradict their parents, gobble´their food, and tyrannize their teachers."

However, to constantly stay in your room playing computer games with a lack of friends, fresh air, lacking the possibility to draw limits and hurt oneself thus learning in the process - is not a good idea! Actually, to keep this post at least somewhat close to the forum theme I'll say that I fear the next "I want more - crybabies-generation's" relation to alcohol, responsability, moderation an other people in general!

But then, I'm just an old grumpy sod!

Skål!
Christian
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Matt2 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:10 am

essexhoney wrote:in hope to calm him down a bit as he has adhd.

In that case then a TV is probably the last thing you want to buy him. Doesn't TV shorten childrens attention span and make them hyper? Get him a bicycle and send him out for a 10 mile ride, then he wont be hyper...

Anyway, the general consensus is this is a Whisky forum.
Matt2

Postby Lawrence » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:49 am

I concur, the cheek of some people.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder