Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

OT: Katrina: Hope all our friends are well

General chat and talk about whisky.

OT: Katrina: Hope all our friends are well

Postby bernstein » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:04 pm

Watching and listening to the incoming news about Katrina's devastation in New Orleans, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama etc - I just hope all our former and actual forum using friends and their families down there are safe and will return safely to their homes and livings. Oliver?

Bernie
bernstein
Gold Member

Postby jimidrammer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:42 pm

Missed me by that much (makes an attept to pinch finger and thumb together.) :) It had us worried for awhile, though.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Postby bernstein » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:48 pm

jimidrammer wrote:Missed me by that much (makes an attept to pinch finger and thumb together.)

Good to hear that, Jim!
bernstein
Gold Member

Postby MGillespie » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:24 pm

That's good news, Jim!

Oliver, I hope you're able to read this...our thoughts and prayers are with you and your neighbors right now. Please post something when you can to let us know that you're safe...

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:07 am

I echo the above. Whatever differences we've had here, they are trivial in the face of something of this magnitude. I urge anyone who can to make a contribution of at least as much as the price of a good bottle of whisky to the American Red Cross. It's a small enough sacrifice to make. Make it a Port Ellen. Make it two.
Deactivated Member

Postby MGillespie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:12 pm

Great suggestion...and give a pint of blood while you're at it. The hospitals and blood banks in that area were wiped out, and the need for blood supplies was already critical even before the hurricane.

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:19 pm

A little late perhaps but I'll join in and wish the best for our fellow forum members hit by the hurricane and its consequences. Hope you're alright everything considered!

Sincerely
Christian
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder