Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Supermarket Deals

General chat and talk about whisky.

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:29 pm

At Asda

£10 Glenfiddich triple pack (3 x 5cl 12/15/18yo)
£10 Glenfiddich 35cl 12yo
£15 Aberlour 70cl 10yo
£10 Glenmorangie Original 70cl
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby les taylor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:35 pm

ClubSmed wrote:At Asda

£10 Glenfiddich triple pack (3 x 5cl 12/15/18yo)
£10 Glenfiddich 35cl 12yo
£15 Aberlour 70cl 10yo
£10 Glenmorangie Original 70cl



Clubsmed a full bottle of Glenmo for a tenner. :shock: Man alive that's good.
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:37 pm

les taylor wrote:
ClubSmed wrote:At Asda

£10 Glenfiddich triple pack (3 x 5cl 12/15/18yo)
£10 Glenfiddich 35cl 12yo
£15 Aberlour 70cl 10yo
£10 Glenmorangie Original 70cl



Clubsmed a full bottle of Glenmo for a tenner. :shock: Man alive that's good.


Sorry, mistype. It should have read 35cl
:oops:
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby les taylor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Cheers Clubsmed. :)
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:21 pm

At the Co-operative

£19.66 Glenmorangie Original 70cl
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:54 am

At Netto from 11/06/09
Isle of Jura 10 yo gift pack (70cl bottle and a hipflask) £16.99
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Kim » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:57 pm

At Asda
Laphroaig 10YO - £23.06
Dalwhinnie 15YO - £18.98
Isle of Jura - £20.46
IoJ Superstition - £23.00
Highland Park 12 - £21.47
The Macallan 10 Fine Oak - £23.17
Glenmorangie Lasanta - £24.49
Kim
Silver Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: The North

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby slojo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:20 pm

At Waitrose until 30th June:

681595 Caol Ila Distillers Edition 70cl Save £11 £39.99 - £28.99
52739 Dalwhinnie Single Island Malt Whisky 70cl Save 20% £28.99 - £22.99
90827 Balvenie Doublewood Whisky 70cl Save 20% £28.49 - £22.49
779681 Bowmore 12 year old Whisky 70cl Save 20% £26.99 - £21.50
62138 Bushmills 10 year old Whisky 70cl Save 20% £25.15- £19.65
62113 Glenfiddich 12 year old 70cl Save 20% £27.15 - £21.65
601558 Grants Whisky 1 litre Save £4 £18.29 - £14.29
37367 Highland Park Whisky 70cl Save £6 £27.15 - £21.15
659304 Isle of Jura 10 year old Whisky 70cl Save £5 £23.99 - £18.99
385057 Laphroaig Quarter Cask Whisky 70cl Save £6 £29.15 - £23.15
75609 Penderyn Welsh Whisky 70cl Save 20% £29.99 - £23.99
62148 Talisker 10 year old whisky 70cl Save £6 £29.15 - £23.15
77872 Talisker 25 year old whisky 70cl Save £30 £130.00 - £100.00
717491 Talisker Distillers Edition Whisky 70cl Save 25 % £40.00 - £30.00
30221 Glenlivet 12 year old whisky 70cl Save 1/3rd £26.15 to £17.39
638846 Glenlivet nadurra whisky 70cl Save £9 £38.99 - £29.99
618840 Whyte and Mackay whisky 70cl Save £4 £17.99 - £13.99


Some good savings to be had there, most notably the Caol Ila DE, Talisker DE, Glenlivet Nadurra and Talisker 25yo (£30 off!).
slojo
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:42 pm
Location: UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Kim » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Tesco
The stuff on offer last week is now joined by -

Glenmorangie Original - £18.49
Old Pulteney 12YO - £18.49
The Glenlivet 12YO - £21.99
Kim
Silver Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: The North

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Hereward » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Yesterday, Asda has Aberlour 10 at £15 and Ardbeg 10 at £23. :iwbrnt:
Hereward
New member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Kim » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Hereward wrote:Yesterday, Asda has Aberlour 10 at £15 and Ardbeg 10 at £23. :iwbrnt:

My Asda's slightly different. Ardbeg 10, unfortunately, is still around the £30 mark. Some compensation to be found from the fact that they're selling Talisker 10 for £21.87.
Kim
Silver Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: The North

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby jim750 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:46 pm

Today in Sainburys

Glenmorangie Original & Glenfiddich 12 both down to £16.99
jim750
New member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: England

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Kim » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Morrisons
Tobermory 10 - £17.19
Aberlour 10 - £18.95
Isle of Jura 10 - £18.99
Highland Park 12 - £21.49
The Glenlivet 12 - £21.90
Balvenie DoubleWood 12 - £24.23
Glenfiddich 15 - £26.69
Glenmorangie Original - £20.97
Glenmorangie Lasanta - £24.69
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban - £27.59
Dalwhinnie 15 - £23.98
Talisker 10 - £23.80

and finally, as a special Father's Day promotion and limited to 3 bottles per customer,
Glenfiddich 12YO - £17.49
Kim
Silver Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: The North

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Charlie » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:29 pm

jim750 wrote:Today in Sainburys

Glenmorangie Original & Glenfiddich 12 both down to £16.99


Managed to get a bottle of Glenfiddich today. The shelves were bare, but someone found me a bottle out back. :D
Charlie
New member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:00 pm

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby whiteshirt » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:04 pm

At TESCO

Glenkinchie 12yrs old

£27.99 NOW HALF PRICE AT £14
whiteshirt
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: England

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:07 pm

whiteshirt wrote:At TESCO

Glenkinchie 12yrs old

£27.99 NOW HALF PRICE AT £14


That is an amazing price! It is 70cl?
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby whiteshirt » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:36 pm

ClubSmed wrote:
whiteshirt wrote:At TESCO

Glenkinchie 12yrs old

£27.99 NOW HALF PRICE AT £14


That is an amazing price! It is 70cl?


Yes 70cl.

I grabbed two bottles.
whiteshirt
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: England

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:24 pm

The Glenkinchie 12yrs old was full price in the Tesco near me but they did have Glen Moray reduced to £8.00
:iwbrnt:
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby sinclair » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:06 am

Tesco Four Roses Yellow label Bourbon £8 !!!!
sinclair
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby DanAir » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:54 am

In addition to the £14 Glenkinchie and the £8 Glen Moray, Tesco have Glenfiddich Toasted Oak at £14. Saw these online, don't know about instore.

I find it amusing that the Glen Moray, which by most accounts is a decent single malt, is cheaper than the Tesco Value Whisky right now!
DanAir
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:08 am

DanAir wrote:In addition to the £14 Glenkinchie and the £8 Glen Moray, Tesco have Glenfiddich Toasted Oak at £14. Saw these online, don't know about instore.

I find it amusing that the Glen Moray, which by most accounts is a decent single malt, is cheaper than the Tesco Value Whisky right now!


The Glenfiddich Toasted Oak was not on offer when I went in yesterday but will check again as this was rather nice when I tried it in Newcastle.
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby slojo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:46 pm

I've read (but cannot confirm) that Lagavulin has been reduced to £19 at Tesco :shock:
slojo
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:42 pm
Location: UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:42 pm

slojo wrote:I've read (but cannot confirm) that Lagavulin has been reduced to £19 at Tesco :shock:


Tesco seem to be doing lots of great deals on whisky at the moment but never more than one in any one store. Maybe we should make a Tesco Whisky Deals map
:lol:
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Hereward » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:20 pm

That was depressing. I rushed off to my local Tesco, just on the off chance, and they had no deals at all, other than Bowmore Legend at £18.
Hereward
New member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Hereward wrote:That was depressing. I rushed off to my local Tesco, just on the off chance, and they had no deals at all, other than Bowmore Legend at £18.

I just went online and they all seem to be there for me so may be worth a try?
Also you could get £10 off a £50 spend using code XX-PD96 if it is your first online order making an even better deal!
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby les taylor » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Hereward wrote:That was depressing. I rushed off to my local Tesco, just on the off chance, and they had no deals at all, other than Bowmore Legend at £18.



Me too, only thing on offer was the Glen moray, and guess what completely empty shelf. £3.40 off Laphroiag. I got 2 jars of percol espresso coffee a couple of Chardonnay's a Shiraz and a pack of little french beers for the fridge. Man it's hot here, still 26c at 8pm, and they go down well.
User avatar
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Gunwalloe

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Kim » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:49 pm

DanAir wrote:In addition to the £14 Glenkinchie and the £8 Glen Moray, Tesco have Glenfiddich Toasted Oak at £14. Saw these online, don't know about instore.

At my Tesco they were selling Glen Moray at £8 - unfortunately the shelves were empty by the time I got there.

However, there were three bottles of Glenfiddich 12yo Toasted Oak Reserve on sale at less than half price - £14. I grabbed a couple and, being a generous soul, left the last for one of you.
Kim
Silver Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: The North

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby ClubSmed » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:11 am

Kim wrote:At my Tesco they were selling Glen Moray at £8 - unfortunately the shelves were empty by the time I got there.

However, there were three bottles of Glenfiddich 12yo Toasted Oak Reserve on sale at less than half price - £14. I grabbed a couple and, being a generous soul, left the last for one of you.


I have ordered a supply of Glen Moray, Four Roses, Toasted Oak and GlenKinchie online to take advantage of the £10 of first delivery but am now worried that they will have sold out by the time they are dilivered and I will end up with nothing because I was greedy!

:headbang:
User avatar
ClubSmed
Gold Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby slojo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:26 pm

ClubSmed wrote:
Kim wrote:At my Tesco they were selling Glen Moray at £8 - unfortunately the shelves were empty by the time I got there.

However, there were three bottles of Glenfiddich 12yo Toasted Oak Reserve on sale at less than half price - £14. I grabbed a couple and, being a generous soul, left the last for one of you.


I have ordered a supply of Glen Moray, Four Roses, Toasted Oak and GlenKinchie online to take advantage of the £10 of first delivery but am now worried that they will have sold out by the time they are dilivered and I will end up with nothing because I was greedy!

:headbang:


Don't hold your breath...the shelves were emptied of the offer bottles at my local (other than the Four Roses, which didn't particularly interest me) and I imagine it is the same nationwide.

Good luck though!
slojo
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:42 pm
Location: UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Charlie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 pm

I've been to Tesco today. Plenty of empty shelves, and no bargains.
Charlie
New member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:00 pm

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Kim » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:14 pm

At Sainsbury's just Bushmills 10yo (£20.09) and Glenlivet 12yo (£21.99) on offer.
Kim
Silver Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: The North

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Kim » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Tesco
Isle of Jura - £21.45
Bunnahabhain 12yo - £23.15
Kim
Silver Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: The North

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby hearts151 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:17 pm

At oddbins (don't know how long) Aberlour A'bunadh batch 25 £5 off at £31. Bought one myself, very nice!
hearts151
New member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Reggaeblues » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Saw Lappy 1/4 cask in sainsbury's today for £21 and a few pence...
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member
 
Posts: 1945
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Reigate, UK

Re: Supermarket Deals

Postby Kim » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Morrisons
Laphoaig 10yo - £21
Tobermory 10yo - £22
Ardmore Traditional Cask - £25
Kim
Silver Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: The North

PreviousNext

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder