Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whiskymag.com on you mobile phone ?

General chat and talk about whisky.

Whiskymag.com on you mobile phone ?

Postby Matt2 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:16 pm

Hi,

Does anyone here ever browse websites on their mobile phones or handheld devices ?

What sort of content would you like to see from WM on your mobile. I guess tasting notes would be really handy if you are in a pub drinking whisky.

Matt
Matt2

Postby Aidan » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:26 pm

Matt

Yeah, tasting notes would be interesting. Maybe other info on different brands etc. If you were in a shop and saw something, this could be a resource.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Paul A Jellis » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:37 am

Sorry Matt, but if I was in a pub drinking whisky (which I often am) I would know what it tasted like and would not need notes.

Cheers

Paul
Paul A Jellis
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:52 am

It's a nice idea but I suspect that it would appeal to too few users to justify it. I'm not sure what the take up has been on WAPs etc but I don't think they've taken off as much as was expected.

I use a PC everyday at work and to be honest it's good to get away from technology for a bit - particularly when supping whisky!

I suggest that the bars that sell whisky where tasting notes might be useful would, in fact, supply a menu and the bar staff would probably be fairly knowledgable as well. Most bars, however, don't deviate from the bog standards of which most readers will be familiar.

I'm all for progress but I think this sort of application has to be accessible by a wider audience. It would make more sense to have a "tasting hotline".
Deactivated Member

Postby Frodo » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:58 am

Crieftan wrote:It would make more sense to have a "tasting hotline".

I think a lot of us here would be willing to take on P/T work as a "councellor" on this kind of line!
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby Scotty Mc » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:46 pm

Or one of those chat-lines you see in the back of the newspaper.

'I'm freshly poured and waiting for you' - 0900 XXX XXX

'Mature dram needs devouring' - 0900 XXX XXX

etc etc :lol:
Scotty Mc
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:09 pm

Hi Matt,
as some have already suggested, this looks like a good idea, but it is not one I would see myself using.

Although I do have a mobile telephone (called "Handy" here in Germany) I use it rarely and hate the trend towards the mobile telephone culture of today.
I am sorry, but in this case I proudly wear my "Luddite" badge.
WH
Deactivated Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:40 pm

I am on the 'No' bandwagon too.. Have the use of it but find the whole thing pointles so just don't bother any more. Used to use it for sports results an that was about all and even that was hard work. Now I never use it.
As said previously I use my pc eery day so have all I need.

Sorry Mat
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder