Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Did the forums enter a worm hole?

General chat and talk about whisky.

Postby Jan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:10 pm

Hi Tattie

I have the same kind of problem - although to a much lesser degree than you. Sometimes once or twice in a session - sometimes more - sometimes not at all.

I'm on dsl - so it is not a dial-up specifik problem.

Cheers
Jan
Jan
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:38 am

Thanks, Jan. Of course, my sessions may well be a little longer than yours. I've also wondered if the peculiar way I navigate the pages, encouraged by the slowness of dial-up, plays a factor.

I'm off to clear my browser cache. First have to figure out what that means. :oops:
Deactivated Member

Postby Jan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:03 am

It's what Internet Explorer calls "Temporary internet files".

Here's how: Functions menu - settings - on the first tab, there should be a reference to temp internet files, with buttons to delete cookies and temp files.

(I'm using a danish version of ie, so I'm sort of guessing the names of functions - could be a bit off.)

Cheers
Jan
Jan
Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:29 pm

Try

Tools

Internet Options

(New Window Opens)

Delete Files

(New Window Opens)

Check 'Delete all offline content'

and click 'OK'

If you have not done this before this may take some time.

Remember if you have and saved login names and passwords which appear auromatically these may dissapear so make sure you know all your user names and passwords.
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Jan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:59 am

Thanks IWChaser. :)

/Jan
Jan
Gold Member

March 21 Missing Forum Bulletin?

Postby Muskrat Portage » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:36 pm

Missing: Whisky Forums
Description: Internet Forum based in England about a screen high by a screen wide. Yellow background with blue framing.
Special Features: Friendly banter interspersed with fairly accurate whisky knowledge subject to poster editing.
If found, approach with caution as Mr. Picky will be very testy, indeed.
Reward: Nice to see it back up and running. Musky Portage.
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:41 am

Yes...but slightly discouraging to see the "wormhole" thread has reached three pages.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:49 pm

No improvement in my situation! Grrr, as a friend of mine likes to say. I get prompted to log on randomly throughout my visits. Just happened when I clicked on a PM.
Deactivated Member

Postby Matt2 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:21 pm

MrTattieHeid wrote:No improvement in my situation! Grrr, as a friend of mine likes to say. I get prompted to log on randomly throughout my visits. Just happened when I clicked on a PM.

:cry: I don't know what to suggest, but I will hunt around in the depths of Google for an answer. Can you PM me with details of your operating system, service pack level, browser (and full version number). And would it be OK for me to track your individual usage for a while to see if I can find anything.

Musky: Slight techincal hitch, well quite a big one, but all working now. In case you are interested never let a linux server run out of disk space, ends up eating all the files! It's like the childrens book where the worm eats through each page :wink:
Matt2

Postby Lawrence » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:25 pm

And would it be OK for me to track your individual usage for a while to see if I can find anything.

Actually, I don't think anybody has that much time to devote to tracking Mr. T. :D
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:23 pm

Matt, in the interests of science, feel free to follow all you want. I warn you, it won't be pretty! I'm going to be away for a couple days, though (as soon as I finish this post), and I think I'm going to order DSL next week.

I'll send you those other things as soon as I figure out what they are.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:48 pm

On advice of Matt, I am cruising today on Internet Explorer, rather than the browser provided by my Aggravating Online Lunkheads. So far, so good. Thanks, Matt!
Deactivated Member

Previous

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder