Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Student dissertation about Scotland Malt Whisky trail

General chat and talk about whisky.

would you like to take part in this student survey?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:44 pm

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 2

Student dissertation about Scotland Malt Whisky trail

Postby ralfbzdega » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:44 pm

I am currently studying a degree in Marketing and Tourism Management at Napier University – Edinburgh and as part of my final year Dissertation project am conducting Primary Research into the Whisky tourism industry in Scotland

I wonder if you like to take part in this survey, which would help me and possible the whisky tourism industry greatly.

Please copy and paste this link to get to the survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=592001899168

Thank you for your co-operation
Ralf Bzdega
ralfbzdega

Postby corbuso » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:41 pm

For your information, there seems to be a bug. If I select Macallan, it is said that "none has been seleceted" and that is the end of the story. Also, instructions should be more accurate. E.g., if you have visited all these distilleries, which one should be use? This might give a bias to your study.

Regards

Corbuso

---------
http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Bug is fixed

Postby ralfbzdega » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:25 pm

Thank you Corbus for pointing out the bug. It was noticed after 2 people attempted to answer it, as I was monitoring the response...It is fixed now and should not give any more problems.

In response to the Bias, as discussed with my dissertation supervisor, bias can never be 100% eliminated, but minimised. This is why I left the option, to do mulitple entries, which means you could fill in a survey for each of these distilleries. As I have been to all these distilleries myself, I know that the only fair way of doing it is by having the chance to evaluate each one.
But thank you for your concern, and I hope you do try it again, now that the bug is fixed. (If you do click on "none of these", the questionnaire is intended to finish, as the respondant would not be part of the required target group for the purpose of the dissertation)
ralfbzdega

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder