Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Who Have You Met From The Forum?

General chat and talk about whisky.

Postby Di Blasi » Thu May 04, 2006 4:01 am

Yes, me too! I saw the Spirit of Shetland at the Oslo Whisky Festival last year, but never met, until tonight! A nice treat to meet another member, and living in the same whisky market, lots to discuss! A pleasure!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby SpiritofShetland » Thu May 04, 2006 10:39 am

And a few nice, and reasonably priced, drams always goes down well.
SpiritofShetland
Silver Member

Postby Lawrence » Tue May 16, 2006 4:49 pm

I can now add Cam to my list of people from the forum that I have met. The others are WestVan Dave, Wendy, Ron Thompson, Mr. Tattiheid and BadMonkey.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue May 16, 2006 6:02 pm

I still look forward to meeting anyone who ventures to Munich!

WH
Deactivated Member

Postby Aidan » Tue May 16, 2006 8:29 pm

I might see you there sometime. I love Munich and go there a bit. Was there for the Whisky Festival this year.
Aidan

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed May 17, 2006 9:33 am

A shame we missed each other Aidan, just let me know when you are down here next.

WH
Deactivated Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Thu May 18, 2006 11:56 pm

SpiritofShetland wrote:I've met susywong, BruceCrichton, ragsrobin and dstirk.

As far as I can remember.

Indeed you have. I believe you've being seeing a lot of Ragsrobin. 8)

Will I see you again in September?
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Tue May 30, 2006 10:06 am

Hi ,
Currently enjoying the sunshine of another Islay whisky Festival , On Sunday got to meet Kevin from Scotch blog in Jims Masterclass on Bruichladdich Day , couldn't have picked a better place !!!!!

Reports on the fun so far in my Festival section on my site ....
Back to the Festivities.....
Slainté
Gordon
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby SpiritofShetland » Tue May 30, 2006 11:35 am

BruceCrichton wrote:Indeed you have. I believe you've being seeing a lot of Ragsrobin. 8)

Will I see you again in September?

I have indeed been seen quite a lot of her. As for September I'm afraid not. But we're planning a trip for the next Spring festival since Ragsrobin can't drink much for the rest of the year.
SpiritofShetland
Silver Member

Postby MacLover » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:04 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacLover wrote:
Unfortunately I have not had the good fortune of meeting anyone from the forum yet.

Virginia Gentleman, my wife and I bought a house in VA last December and will most likely be returning this summer for a short trip to visit family and check on the house. If possible maybe we can meet up and share a few drams.

Virginia Gentleman wrote
Absolutely MacLover. Where in VA did you buy? I live in Northern VA.

Hi VG,
My family and I are living in Shanghai right now, but we bought a house in Ashburn. Currently renting it out so when we return we will be staying with family in Fairfax. Where are you located? Right now we are scheduled to be there around the end of July or beginning of August. Hopefully you will be near and available around that time.
BTW, not sure what your rpeferences are but let me know and I will see if I can bring something along to christen the meeting properly :wink: .
MacLover

Postby Virginia Gentleman » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:59 am

MacLover wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacLover wrote:
Unfortunately I have not had the good fortune of meeting anyone from the forum yet.

Virginia Gentleman, my wife and I bought a house in VA last December and will most likely be returning this summer for a short trip to visit family and check on the house. If possible maybe we can meet up and share a few drams.

Virginia Gentleman wrote
Absolutely MacLover. Where in VA did you buy? I live in Northern VA.

Hi VG,
My family and I are living in Shanghai right now, but we bought a house in Ashburn. Currently renting it out so when we return we will be staying with family in Fairfax. Where are you located? Right now we are scheduled to be there around the end of July or beginning of August. Hopefully you will be near and available around that time.
BTW, not sure what your rpeferences are but let me know and I will see if I can bring something along to christen the meeting properly :wink: .

Ashburn is a nice area. The Washington Redskins have there training camp there. I don't live far from Fairfax. My whisky preferance. I like all whisky types but Scotch is my choice and the Islay malts are my favorites. Enjoy your time in Shanghai. It will be very hot and humid in July and August in Virginia.
Virginia Gentleman
Silver Member

Postby MacLover » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:24 am

Hello Scott,

I am actually timing my trip to the US to escape the heat and humidy in Shanghai. VA will bring great relief to me as Shanghai is unbearable during that time of year. Most of the expats flock out of Shanghai in July and August to return home to escape the conditions here.

Thanks for the notice on your whisky preferences. Most of my bottles are in storage (of course temp and humidity controlled) back in Georgia where I was last located before moving to Japan and then Shanghai, but it just so happens that I have something here with me that I think you will find quite appealing. I will bring it with me in hopes that me can meet up. I will PM you once I have concrete travel plans and we can try and work out a convenient time and place to meet up.

All the best from China,
Jon
MacLover

Postby Lawrence » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:19 pm

I have to add DaveM who has turned to the dark side and is no longer drinking whisky. I will soon meet Nick and hopefully CI and I will meet up when he comes to Canada.
Last edited by Lawrence on Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Aidan » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:45 pm

I've met IWC briefly, but I've been in contact regularly. A very nice guy.
Aidan

Postby hpulley » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:00 pm

Lawrence wrote:I have to add DaveM who has turned to the dark side and is no longer drinking whisky.

Come again? Which DaveM doesn't drink whisky any more?

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:51 pm

The DaveM located in Sidney BC, not WestCoastDave!
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby hpulley » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:59 pm

Lawrence wrote:The DaveM located in Sidney BC, not WestCoastDave!

You had me going for a while there...

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Postby MGillespie » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:25 pm

Yeah...I was wondering about that for a few seconds as well...

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby jackie v » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:53 pm

i'm very glad that i have met lots of friend here..we share the experience about drinking and sometime we gather chating...we become true friends because of the common habit--enjoy whiskey!! :)
a friend of mine introduced me a very interesting website..it provides lots of information about alcohol brands, eg. cardhu, krug...
i think it is amazing, i hope my friends can share the happy time with me!

http://www.luxuryfed.com/
jackie v

Postby Lawrence » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:11 pm

Yesterday I met with C.I. in Victoria who kindly brought me a bottle of Aberlour 12 Double Matured from duty free on his trip over to Canada.

Since he's on a tour of western Canada and I'm off to Scotland we only had a chance to meet for lunch but it was great to meet him.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:35 am

Is anyone going to Whisky-Live Glasgow?

If so, then I would be most happy to share a dram and a chat.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Lawrence » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:01 pm

Missed Nick in Edinburgh by half an hour......
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:43 am

Lawrence wrote:Missed Nick in Edinburgh by half an hour......

A great shame! A missed opportunity for both of you. I hope Nick will consent to meet Ron and me at the Vaults when we are in town, or at the Bow.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:23 am

Of course Tattie - and sorry Lawrence but if you had pm-ed me then I would have fixed up a definite time. Next time, maybe...
Deactivated Member

Postby Lawrence » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Nick Brown wrote:Of course Tattie - and sorry Lawrence but if you had pm-ed me then I would have fixed up a definite time. Next time, maybe...

Yes, I never did set an exact time with you and I only received your PM on my return on the 24th. In fact I only managed to check my email once in two weeks let alone check in on the forum.

Next time though, I look forward to it.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Aidan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:17 pm

I met Adrian again today - an absolute gentleman.
Aidan

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:24 am

Good to meet you too Aidan. Always nice to natter about whiskey eventhough I do get consious about talking about it too much. :oops:

Interesting evening though.
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:15 pm

During Whisky Live (Glasgow) I did manage to very briefly meet Nick Brown who is also a true Gent. I called him and caught him on his way into one of the Masterclasses, but he turned around and came back into the event just to say "Hello".

Hi again Nick and I hope you enjoyed the rest of Whisky Live!

Secondly, I met Crieftan who is a great guy even though his introductory gesture was to attempt to throw a glass of water over me (thankfully, as I pointed out at the time, it was water and not one of the far more valuable drams on offer!)
:wink:

Despite his failed attempt to baptise me, we enjoyed a few more drams together at the show and then again afterwards at The Pot Still.
Hi again Crieftan, I hope you get home safely and even now, when I'm sober, that offer still stands!

MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:21 pm

If I can add a second post to include "Who have I now met from Whisky Magazine" (as they also tend to hang around the forums, then I would like to include:

Damian Riley-Smith
Mr. Matt the "IT" man,
Rebecca,
Sally Toms (I think it was Sally at the show)
and Rubyna who I have spoken to many times via E-Mail, but never met before.
She was on Ticket duty on the door of the "Fab Forty" Masterclass.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:01 am

I just remembered; also in The Pot Still Crieftan and I met Dominic, the departing editor of Whisky Mag.

Good luck Dominic in your new venture!
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Matt2 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:26 am

Can't remember meeting you or anyone else, but then the whole weekend was a bit of a blur. Just non stop when you are working there. I think I was in the Pot Still on Friday night, must have just missed you. (I was the one outside moaning about the smoking ban :cry: )

So, Hi to anyone I didn't get to meet or didn't get a chance to talk to. Hope you all enjoyed it. :)
Matt2

Postby Aidan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:46 am

Matt - I met you in the Potstill and you borrowed £100 from me.
Aidan

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:10 am

Oh dear, it must really have been a blur for you Matt.
Don't you remember offering 5 years free advertising when you stopped me at the entrance on Saturday morning asking "Hi, aren't you ************?"

:wink: :lol: :wink:
Deactivated Member

Postby Matt2 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:50 pm

Ah M-T , yes it is all coming back to me now :lol:
Didn't link the person to the forum name.... great to meet you.

Aidan, I thought that was just for a round of drinks, didn't know you wanted it back :wink: - Pot still is a great little bar, shame I couldn't have got in earlier - next year we will have to make it the official forum meeting place.
Matt2

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Sorry Matt, maybe my "MT" disguise confuddled you for a minute or two.

Yers, it was great to meet you too.
MT
Deactivated Member

PreviousNext

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder