Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Who Have You Met From The Forum?

General chat and talk about whisky.

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm

It was v nice to meet Malt Teaser and Crieftan at Whisky Live. I'm sorry I couldn't speak longer with you MT, but we were both tied up on Friday with Masterclasses and our paths never really crossed on Saturday. I'm sure we'll have a chance to speak again and if you're ever in Edinburgh, I'm sure we will can arrange to meet over a couple of drams.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:04 pm

As MT and Nick have already said, I had the great pleasure of meeting them both at Whisky Live - in fact Nick was sitting beside me at the Pultney Masterclass, though we did not it at the time.
As regards trying to baptise MT in the HP masterclass, sorry old chap, but it was late in the day, tired and emotional and mind to hand co-ordination had left the building a few hours earlier :lol:
Also met, though too briefly, Bruce Crichton who kindly pointed m,e in teh direction of a sublime Old Pultney 1977.
How I got back from the Pot Still, I'll never really know :?
MT did the right thing by leaving just before closing time, but I stayed on in the excellent company of Robbie (Dist. Mgr. Glengoyne) and his lovely colleague Fiona who both looked after me very well. :D
As MT mentioned, Dominic Roskrow (another really nice guy) sat with us for a while and broke the sad news of his departure from the helm of WM. However, it looks as though all will be well as Rob Allanson is taking over. Good luck Rob. Exciting times ahead, and best wishes to Dominic, I hope we meet at future events.
8)
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:24 am

I have just had the great pleasure of spending the last day and a half in the company of Plamen (The Whiskyman) Petroff.
An extremely knowledgeable chap who is totally dedicated to whisky in the form of his own collection and also its introduction and promotion into Bulgaria.

Safe journey home Plamen and keep up the great work!
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Badmonkey » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:01 am

I enjoyed Japanese cuisine and single malts with Pascal a few nights back. He's a class act.
Badmonkey
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:11 am

Badmonkey wrote:I enjoyed Japanese cuisine and single malts with Pascal a few nights back. He's a class act.

We'll be waiting breathlessly to hear what he thinks of you! :P
Deactivated Member

Postby Pascal » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:42 pm

MrTattieHeid wrote:We'll be waiting breathlessly to hear what he thinks of you! :P

Don't get your hopes for bad gossip too high up, I had a great time! :P Craig introduced me to some very creative Japanese cuisine at a local restaurant, and then we enjoyed a couple well chosen drams downtown at the MacDonald. Good times through a pretty grim work week.
Pascal

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:13 am

This should have been posted a few months back, but I couldn't find this thread, thanks to Jan for putting the FAQ etc together, cause now I finally found it!! Anyway, as I was saying, for some reason or another, not sure why, but I had a dream one night I met Admiral! Not sure why it was Admiral, perhaps I responded to one of his posts, or vice versa, just before going to bed, and therefore dreamt we met. But I guess that doesn't really qualify "Who Have You Met From The Forum?"
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby peergynt323 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:48 am

What did he look like?
peergynt323
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:57 am

I don't remember actually! It was a nice meeting though.
Di Blasi

Postby Lawrence » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:20 am

At the recent VWF 2007 I met Lbacha (Len) who kindly brought a bottle of Glenfarclas Quarter Cask to the after party in our room. It didn't make it out alive!

Also in attendance was Wendy, RThomson, Mr. T, WestVanDave, Cam and Bad Monkey, have I missed anybody?
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:53 am

Lawrence wrote:At the recent VWF 2007 I met Lbacha (Len) who kindly brought a bottle of Glenfarclas Quarter Cask to the after party in our room. It didn't make it out alive!

Also in attendance was Wendy, RThomson, Mr. T, WestVanDave, Cam and Bad Monkey, have I missed anybody?

Ahh yes, that QC - I know it well
:wink:

What did you think of it?
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Lawrence » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Malt-Teaser wrote:
Lawrence wrote:At the recent VWF 2007 I met Lbacha (Len) who kindly brought a bottle of Glenfarclas Quarter Cask to the after party in our room. It didn't make it out alive!

Ahh yes, that QC - I know it well
:wink:

What did you think of it?
MT

It was good.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby lbacha » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:05 pm

It was my pleasure to provide it. I got to meet the group as well and it was quite a weekend, I got quite a workout on sunday walking all over Victoria with Craig (BadMonkey) and part of the trec with Bruce (Mt T). The city alone is worth going to the festival for. I could spend a week there and in the surrounding countryside.

Len
lbacha
Gold Member

Postby TheLaddie » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:18 am

Met up with Suzywong and The Bunna Boy at our Burns Supper. A great pleasure on an evening of great pleasures.
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Badmonkey » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 am

[quote="Lawrence"]At the recent VWF 2007 I met Lbacha (Len) who kindly brought a bottle of Glenfarclas Quarter Cask to the after party in our room. It didn't make it out alive!

Also in attendance was Wendy, RThomson, Mr. T, WestVanDave, Cam and Bad Monkey, have I missed anybody?[/quote]

Msanime (Matt) was also there. He was supposed to protect the last few drops of the Yoichi 12, but someone distracted him with shiny objects and a glass of Penderyn.
Badmonkey
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:45 am

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I made it out alive, either.
Deactivated Member

Postby Bullie » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:44 pm

I met suffolkwhisky in Dufftown last week. And Susywong the week before that (well, I've seen her on several occations...:D). I met Jan a couple of times and Arthur Motley last autumn.

I've seen the posts of my friends Mickeman and rvh here as well. And fellow swedish forummembers robertk and peterekström. Probably some lurkers from Sweden and Denmark as well...
Bullie
Gold Member

Postby Jan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:20 pm

And perhaps we vill meet again before long: Do you plan to be at whiskymessen in Copenhagen this spring?
Jan
Gold Member

Postby Bullie » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:25 pm

Jan wrote:And perhaps we vill meet again before long: Do you plan to be at whiskymessen in Copenhagen this spring?

But of course! :D I try to go to that fair every year, and this will be my fourth Whiskymessen. It will be a LOT of swedes attending that fair this year.

Looking forward to meet you there. :)
Bullie
Gold Member

Postby Jan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:34 pm

Bullie wrote:
It will be a LOT of swedes attending that fair this year.

Yeah, I had kinda guessed it could turn out that way :wink:

Bullie wrote:Looking forward to meet you there. :)

Me too. I will be there for the first half - but I guess you will be there for the entire 10 hours, if I know you right? :shock:
Jan
Gold Member

Postby Bullie » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:36 pm

Yes, I'll be there from early morning til they throw me out... 8) Haven't planned the day yet though. But I will not attend that many masterclasses this year. Takes to much time of the day.
Bullie
Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:30 am

Badmonkey wrote:

Msanime (Matt) was also there. He was supposed to protect the last few drops of the Yoichi 12, but someone distracted him with shiny objects and a glass of Penderyn.

I have your heel of Yoichi 12, do you want me to send it to you?
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:33 am

Heel of Yoichi would be a cool name for a band.
Deactivated Member

Postby Badmonkey » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:22 am

[quote="Lawrence"][quote="Badmonkey"][quote="Lawrence"]At the recent VWF 2007 I met Lbacha (Len) who kindly brought a bottle of Glenfarclas Quarter Cask to the after party in our room. It didn't make it out alive!

Also in attendance was Wendy, RThomson, Mr. T, WestVanDave, Cam and Bad Monkey, have I missed anybody?[/quote]

Msanime (Matt) was also there. He was supposed to protect the last few drops of the Yoichi 12, but someone distracted him with shiny objects and a glass of Penderyn.[/quote]

I have your heel of Yoichi 12, do you want me to send it to you?[/quote]

No, not at all, Lawrence. I have another Yoichi and some Hokuto here to keep me warm through the winter. Please enjoy whatever is left in the bottle with your lovely wife.
Badmonkey
Gold Member

Postby MGillespie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:08 am

Met Shoganai tonight at the Monk's Cafe tasting in Philly...we had a good time, and I hope my occasional smart-ass comment about the whiskies wasn't terribly offensive!

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby kljostad » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:32 pm

I met DiBlasi in Bergen a few monts ago. He runs a great whisky-bar up there. As i live in Oslo, I am not able to visit it too often, but I do every time I am in Bergen.
kljostad
Bronze Member

Postby Di Blasi » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:57 pm

kljostad wrote:I met DiBlasi in Bergen a few monts ago. He runs a great whisky-bar up there. As i live in Oslo, I am not able to visit it too often, but I do every time I am in Bergen.

Hei hei kljostad!! Thanks for the reminder!! Gosh, I knew I knew the name, but I haven't seen you around here in awhile!! Looking forward to your next visit! Velkommen!!
I'll be in Scotland in mid-April, and am hoping to meet up with Gordon, (Spirit of Islay!!), Arthur Motley, and anyone else that's in the area. I'll be in touch prior to arrival, and hopefully we can meet.
Di Blasi

Postby TheLaddie » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:57 am

TheLaddie wrote:Met up with Suzywong and The Bunna Boy at our Burns Supper. A great pleasure on an evening of great pleasures.

Am I just being paranoid or have these two both disappeared from the forums since? I mean, I know I'm pretty dull in real life but... :(
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:01 am

Are you sure that was the haggis you stabbed? It would be easy to make a mistake under the circumstances.
Deactivated Member

Postby martin grant » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:07 pm

Di Blasi wrote:I'll be in Scotland in mid-April, and am hoping to meet up with Gordon, (Spirit of Islay!!), Arthur Motley, and anyone else that's in the area. I'll be in touch prior to arrival, and hopefully we can meet.

Hi Di Blasi. If you let us know when you are likely to be in Scotland, I would be happy to share a dram with you
martin grant
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:49 am

martin grant wrote:
Di Blasi wrote:I'll be in Scotland in mid-April, and am hoping to meet up with Gordon, (Spirit of Islay!!), Arthur Motley, and anyone else that's in the area. I'll be in touch prior to arrival, and hopefully we can meet.

Hi Di Blasi. If you let us know when you are likely to be in Scotland, I would be happy to share a dram with you

Excellent Martin! I'll be over with a friend Wednesday the 11th of April spending the day in Edinburgh, Thursday and Friday the 12th and 13th in the Highlands, and Saturday the 14th in St. Andrews. This is not definite but most likely. Where exactly are you?? Any suggestions are appreciated!
Di Blasi

Postby Spirit of Islay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:13 pm

Damn! I'll be up in Edinburgh the weekend before ( the Sat/Sun of Easter week-end) but unfortunately can't make it up when your over !
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:12 am

Damn Gordon! Gonna miss meeting each other again! Well, if anything changes, do let me know. Would've been nice to enjoy the SMWS together. We'll be having lunch and a few whiskies there on Wednesday.
Di Blasi

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:50 pm

On Wednesday this week I had the privilege to meet 'Laddie' and we enjoyed a good old chat about various drams.
Unfortunately I was driving so it remained "about" drams and not "over" various drams.

MT
Deactivated Member

Postby TheLaddie » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:25 pm

Malt-Teaser wrote:On Wednesday this week I had the privilege to meet 'Laddie' and we enjoyed a good old chat about various drams.
Unfortunately I was driving so it remained "about" drams and not "over" various drams.

The privilege was all mine. I hope we have the chance to involve some whisky in our next conversation.

Cheers!
TheLaddie
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder