Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Scent of a woman = Scent of Whisky - New perfume available

General chat and talk about whisky.

Scent of a woman = Scent of Whisky - New perfume available

Postby kljostad » Tue May 23, 2006 2:04 pm

I just found this article about a scottish compay making womens perfume with a hint of Whiskey: http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149212&command=displayContent&sourceNode=149685&home=yes&contentPK=14505021#views

What do you recon? Good or bad idea?

In my opinion it is a bad idea indeed. In my career as a man I have on several occations had the misfortune of meeting women reeking with alcohol, and it is really off-putting.

Kjell
kljostad
Bronze Member

Postby les taylor » Tue May 23, 2006 3:43 pm

Not quite connected. Today in the press I heard they are going to make a perfume smelling like stilton. I think i prefer my stilton on brown toast.
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:03 pm

There was an article in a Canadian paper a few years ago about a man who used scotch whisky as an after shave. He was partial to Lagavulin 16 for evenings and the lighter whiskies for the day time. He said the alsohol vanished quite quickly and all that was left was the whisky. He went on to say that it was actually cheaper that after shave, ounce for ounce and that women responded very well to the various aromas.

I've not tried it myself, other that to take it internally before going out for the evening.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Scotty Mc » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:45 am

I bet you wouldn't use the Ledaig sherry stuff?! Probably whiskies answer to Brut :lol:
Scotty Mc
Silver Member

Postby Virginia Gentleman » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:10 pm

I don't think it is a bad idea. I can't wait to smell it.
Virginia Gentleman
Silver Member

Postby Scotty Mc » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:00 pm

Make sure you don't get it confused with your whisky though! Although the alc volume will be higher :D
Scotty Mc
Silver Member

Whisky scent perfume

Postby Muskrat Portage » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:31 pm

Although it contains no whisky, the ingredients of the new scent, called Spirit of Scotland, have been blended to mimic the smell of malts such as Talisker and Laphroaig. It is expected to retail for about £75 for a 17.5millilitre bottle.

kljostad:
At that price, it's cheaper to buy a bottle of Talisker and toss it about freely. :D As a novelty it will probably sell, I would hazard a guess primarily to tourists looking for something unusual.
Honestly, I wouldn't be interested in it, but the article is interesting in that it sets out the exotic products that are needed to imitate what the stillman does with local ingredients. Interesting article.
Muskrat
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder