Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Music and Whisky

General chat and talk about whisky.

Music and Whisky

Postby Hopester » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:45 am

In my book these go hand in hand, which makes this a really interesting concept

http://www.fyldeguitars.com/malt.html
Hopester

Postby Reggaeblues » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:42 pm

At my gig on saturday night i had onstage with me my neccessary pint of water to keep m y voice hydrated, and the best dram in the house, which happened to be an HP 12. in the break i was chatting to a couple. He had a neat dram. i enquired as to what it might be.

"Southern Comfort" came the reply. "It's gotta be, when such excellent blues is being played!"

Whilst I was touched by the compliment, drinking SC is enough to give a man the blues! Quite the most ghastly, sickly drink I've come across...

Simply, I like the best dram for the best music. a few nights ago I sat and listened to an excellent Irish singer/songwriter friend's new album, chronicling his time in an irish orphange. Just the first half dozen tracks were so delightfully devastating emotionally, I needed an Ardbeg 10, a Taliker and a Lagavulin 12 just to cope...
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:02 pm

Reggaeblues wrote:....... a few nights ago I sat and listened to an excellent Irish singer/songwriter friend's new album, ...

Who was s/he.. just interested to know if I know the name.
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Reggaeblues » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:50 pm

Danny Ellis.

Was in the Miami Showband yonks ago. Now lives in Florida, teaches singing, gigs, and works with Guy Fletcher, an associate of Mark Knopfler's.

BTW. Tonite it's old Pulteney and a new reggae band from Yard, given me by a Jamaican producer last month at an event in Queensland, Oz...where I also saw Danny.

He may have a website - I could find out.

He once represented one of the 8 songs to be selected for the Eurovision and invited me to the BBC to witness him sing a song he hated - he and i knew he wrote far better tunes. He came last as expected, but not before a wonderful, mischeivous exchange between him , me and his fellow compatriot Terry wogan...I'd love to tell you the story one day, preferably over some good Reggae, and a good Irish whiskey.
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:42 am

Classical is nice to enjoy with whisky in hand.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Bullie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:16 am

I find myself listening to Runrig or Marillion most of the times I have a dram at home... Especially the gaelic lyrics of Runrig seems to match really good! :D
Bullie
Gold Member

For me.....

Postby Jacques » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:23 pm

I really like to have 2 or 3 tastes of Glenfiddich 21, Glenlivet 18 and then add Talisker 10 or Caol Ila 12.... and listen to Pink Floyd...
Jacques

Postby Wave » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:48 pm

I listen to and enjoy most music types, but my favorite for a whisky in hand is Oysterband!

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder