Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Paul Hunter

General chat and talk about whisky.

Paul Hunter

Postby The Dazzler » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:24 pm

For any non Snooker fans Paul Hunter was one of Great Britans finest current young stars of the sport who sadly lost his battle with a rare cancer last night at the age of only 27. Tonight I toasted a true sporting hero with A Tomintoul 27yo and reflected that 27 years maybe old for a malt whisky but is not nearly enough for a mans life.

Slainte
The Dazzler
Bronze Member

Postby kallaskander » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:43 am

Hi there,

sad to hear that dazzler. I watched Paul playing many a good match on German television sports channel.
27 years is no age to die at but this match he had no chance of winning it seems. Very sad.

Greetings
kallaskander
kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Postby maverick » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:45 am

Woah!
Sad to hear him passing. He was such a character and a great player. When I got into snooker, I had him as my favorite and I still do. I thought his fight against cancer was going well. Last time I saw him play he looked great (considering he had cancer). It's going to feel strange to speak of him in the past tense and I'm surely going to miss watching him play in the up coming season and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

RIP Paul
maverick

Re: Paul Hunter

Postby bamber » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:09 am

The Dazzler wrote:For any non Snooker fans Paul Hunter was one of Great Britans finest current young stars of the sport who sadly lost his battle with a rare cancer last night at the age of only 27. Tonight I toasted a true sporting hero with A Tomintoul 27yo and reflected that 27 years maybe old for a malt whisky but is not nearly enough for a mans life.

Slainte

Oh no, I thought he was in remission. RIP Paul.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 037884.stm
bamber
Double Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:09 pm

An excellent exponent of Snooker. I too was shocked to hear of his untimely passing. Remember watching him play early in the year and he was putting on a brave show which showed he had guts as he was far from his best. He will be sadly missed.

Sincere regards to his Wife, Daughter and Parents.
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby martin grant » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:27 pm

Without a doubt, Paul Hunter truly was the David Beckham of the green baize. He was such a character, and brought a huge amount to the sport of snooker. He will be sadly missed by anyone who watches the game
martin grant
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder