Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Choochoo on Whiskyfun

General chat and talk about whisky.

Choochoo on Whiskyfun

Postby Choochoo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Serge V over at whiskyfun did an interview with me about music and whisky. I was pretty excited about it, and thought I'd share the link.

It's under my real name, Dave C. As an additional treat, I managed to give away the origin of the name "choochoo" in the interview.

Here's the link: http://www.whiskyfun.com/#061106
Choochoo
Silver Member

Postby bamber » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:40 pm

Nice :)
bamber
Double Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:56 pm

Well done and a good interview. :D
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:17 pm

Fun stuff...I say Highland Park for Howe, Choochoo--greatest all-rounder and all that. Rosebank for Anderson--light and lemony. Lagavulin for Squire--deep, bombastic, and apocalyptic. Bowmore for Bruford--a foot each in two different worlds, and a different taste at every age. And how about Glenmorangie for Wakeman? A finish for every keyboard.
Deactivated Member

Postby Choochoo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:50 pm

LOL, yes that line-up works well. I think you've got it right with Wakeman too.

YES works well for such a goofy whisky comparison. I thought about Genesis as well, but that was a bit harder to match.
Choochoo
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:08 pm

Grain whisky for White? Changing Yes from a vatted malt to a blend. Oh, I've gone off the deep end again...but you're right, there's something about the synergy of that band that lends itself to this kind of nonsense!
Deactivated Member

Postby Choochoo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:41 pm

:lol:

Hey, that's a bit harsh for poor old alan white. Where's the compassion? :wink:

I'd hold off on the grain whisky for either Trevor Rabin or for when the Buggles came on board to make Drama - now that was a true blend.
Choochoo
Silver Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:03 pm

The Gates of Delirium from Relayer for the memories of a passage through an early whiskey tasting career. The confusion and excitement of new tastes, delight and elation at exploring more and more whiskies, a few nights of over indulgance thrown into the fray but also a comfort zone to let you know that you found your true home with a whiskey in the hand. :wink:
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:04 pm

irishwhiskeychaser wrote:The Gates of Delirium from Relayer for the memories of a passage through an early whiskey tasting career. The confusion and excitement of new tastes, delight and elation at exploring more and more whiskies, a few nights of over indulgence thrown into the fray but also a comfort zone to let you know that you found your true home with a whiskey in the hand. :wink:
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder