Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Laphroaig 10 Discontinued in Ontario

General chat and talk about whisky.

Laphroaig 10 Discontinued in Ontario

Postby Canucklehead » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:14 am

Yes, it's quite distressful for some of us here in Canada.

God knows why the LCBO, the world's largest purchaser of alcohol, would decide to discontinue such a fine product.

Does anyone have insight on this?


.
User avatar
Canucklehead
New member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: Just south of Hamilton, Ontario

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:24 am

I'm guessing the decision's was Laphroaig's, a matter of allocating stocks. The fact that BC has the same problem tends to corroborate that. It seems a decision was made to let yez drink Quarter Cask.

Welcome aboard--always room for another Canajun, eh? (They're all canuckleheads in my book!) Are you above the Escarpment, or below?
Deactivated Member
 

Postby Quaichuser » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:40 am

MrTattieHeid wrote:I'm guessing the decision's was Laphroaig's, a matter of allocating stocks. The fact that BC has the same problem tends to corroborate that. It seems a decision was made to let yez drink Quarter Cask.


This would be nice except for one thing. In typical LCBO fashion, while it is listed, there is no inventory of QC available. :headbang:

There is however almost 200 bottles of the 10 year old scattered around stores in the province. They must be holding the QC till the 10 yr old is all gone. Might be time to stock up.

I might drive to Paris tomorrow and pick one up.
Quaichuser
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Brantford Canada

Postby Canucklehead » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:42 am

MrTattieHeid wrote: Are you above the Escarpment, or below?


I'm outside of the city, by about a half hour, so I'd have to say "above" the escarpment. :)

The LCBO website mentions the 1/4 cask, but has shown no inventory for months now.

Arggggggggh!
User avatar
Canucklehead
New member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: Just south of Hamilton, Ontario

Postby Quaichuser » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:51 am

Canucklehead wrote:
MrTattieHeid wrote: Are you above the Escarpment, or below?


I'm outside of the city, by about a half hour, so I'd have to say "above" the escarpment. :)

The LCBO website mentions the 1/4 cask, but has shown no inventory for months now.

Arggggggggh!


Welcome to the forum Canucklehead

A quick check on the 10yr old shows none in Hamilton but 9 in
St Catherines and 10 here in Brantford.
Quaichuser
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Brantford Canada

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:20 am

Quaichuser wrote:They must be holding the QC till the 10 yr old is all gone. Might be time to stock up.


Seems doubtful they'd hold back a bunch of stuff they could be selling while they wait for a handful of bottles to go. It may be in the catalog, but as Canucklehead notes, there's no inventory. I have no idea if this is bureaucratic incompetence or just the usual sort of supply-line kinks...probably Laphroaig promised them the QC but has yet to deliver.

Won't they do interstore exchange for you for the 10?

Quaichuser wrote:I might drive to Paris tomorrow and pick one up.


Spent the night in Paris once with a girlfriend--we were on the verge of breaking up. Our favorite movie was Casablanca, and our gallows joke was "We'll always have Paris." We watched the broadcast of the last episode of Cheers in the motel.
Deactivated Member
 

Postby Mr Fjeld » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:25 am

MrTattieHeid wrote:Spent the night in Paris once with a girlfriend--we were on the verge of breaking up. Our favorite movie was Casablanca, and our gallows joke was "We'll always have Paris." We watched the broadcast of the last episode of Cheers in the motel.

Image
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4249
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:08 pm

Postby Canucklehead » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:51 am

MrTattieHeid wrote:Seems doubtful they'd hold back a bunch of stuff they could be selling while they wait for a handful of bottles to go. .


I think so as well. I can't figure them out.

They also have a Caol Ila 12 in their listings that I've been waiting patiently for, but again, its never in stock.

If they'd only let us buy via mail inter-provincially...



MrTattieHeid wrote:Won't they do interstore exchange for you for the 10?


I should enquire about that, but then again, I really don't mind going for a nice drive :)


.
User avatar
Canucklehead
New member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: Just south of Hamilton, Ontario

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:42 am

Mr Fjeld wrote:
MrTattieHeid wrote:Spent the night in Paris once with a girlfriend--we were on the verge of breaking up. Our favorite movie was Casablanca, and our gallows joke was "We'll always have Paris." We watched the broadcast of the last episode of Cheers in the motel.

[img]


:D

You realize, Christian, we're talking about Paris, Ontario here...home of plaster of Paris!

I'm with you, Canucklehead--a nice long drive in SW Ontario is okay with me. You'd think it would be boring--the land is flat, and the roads are all in the rigid grids the British colonizers laid out, ironically like the ones the Romans imposed on Britain. But somehow the grid pattern causes every tiny wrinkle in the land to stand out, and the gentle slopes of the river valleys are dramatic by contrast. And when you stumble on a big surprise--the Niagara Escarpment, Elora Gorge--it's a big surprise indeed! Maybe the LCBO is hiding the QC there.
Deactivated Member
 

Postby Mr Fjeld » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:53 am

MrTattieHeid wrote: :D

You realize, Christian, we're talking about Paris, Ontario here...home of plaster of Paris!

What! There's more than one........ apart from Paris Hilton :P

Two things so I won't wander too much off topic: Mr T: If I ever wish to learn whatever there is to learn about Canada I'll ask Peter or you! You are obviously a well informed person and you really know a lot about Canada!

Secondly, I'm also amazed by the fact that there exist a staterun alcohol monopoly outside Norway and Sweden. What did the canadians do to deserve that?
:?:
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4249
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:08 pm

Postby Quaichuser » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:07 am

Mr Fjeld says

"Secondly, I'm also amazed by the fact that there exist a staterun alcohol monopoly outside Norway and Sweden. What did the canadians do to deserve that? "


I think it's the price we had to pay for our independence. :lol:

The LCBO is reputed to be the largest single buyer and seller of alcohol in not only North America but the world. They had $3.6 billion in sales last year. By and large it is a pretty good system. It's not a bad system but it is not without it's flaws. That would be a forum unto itself :) [/quote]
Quaichuser
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Brantford Canada

Postby mithril » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:30 am

Quaichuser wrote:This would be nice except for one thing. In typical LCBO fashion, while it is listed, there is no inventory of QC available. :headbang:

There is however almost 200 bottles of the 10 year old scattered around stores in the province. They must be holding the QC till the 10 yr old is all gone. Might be time to stock up.


I tend to agree with MrTattieheid that it's unlikely their holding back stocks in order to clear the backlog of 10yr. I'd imagine it's more along the lines of arranging delivery to Canada through the distribution network. Lawerence pointed out in a similar thread about the disappearance of Laph 10 from BC shelves that Laphroaig has recently changed ownership and as Colby, the CDN distributor, is a subsiduary of the previous owner I think you'll find that the delay was related to switching distribution channels more than anything else.

BC ran out of Laph 10 about 2 months ago yet the QC only just appears on the BCLDB website a couple days ago. Sadly they are also showing no inventory as of yet but as I happen to know of one Calgary spirit shop that recently received 200-odd cases of the QC I'm sure it's just a matter of time before stock reaches ON and BC.
mithril
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby Frodo » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:55 pm

Hey folks:

I believe the QC listing on the LCBO inventory is from a few cases that were sold a while ago around Christmas. The listing stays in case someone wants to return a bottle so that the product number is still valid. I haven't heard anything about the LCBO bringing in more QC.

Same thing goes for CI 12.
Frodo
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:22 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:07 am

Mr Fjeld wrote:I'm also amazed by the fact that there exist a staterun alcohol monopoly outside Norway and Sweden. What did the canadians do to deserve that?


Funny you should ask. I've just started a book titled Booze: When Whisky Ruled the West, by James H. Gray (1972). It's a social history of the impact of alcohol in the Canadian west before, during, and after Prohibition. I'm only a few pages in, but he sets his premises very early: that alcohol was an enormous social problem on the Canadian frontier; that, contrary to popular myth, Prohibition was strongly supported by the majority, who voted it in and reaffirmed their decision in another vote; that alcohol continued to have its role during Prohibition, but in a much more circumspect way; and that when Prohibition was finally lifted, the primary condition was that it would be strictly controlled by the government (which, in its quest for revenue, has ironically made it more widely available than ever before). The book deals with the prairie provinces (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta), so I don't know how much will apply to Ontario, Quebec, and the east, but I imagine many of the forces in play were the same. Of course, Alberta now has private sales; the mirror politics of self-reliant Alberta and agrarian-socialist Saskatchewan, neighbor provinces which were created at the same time, is one of the most fascinating aspects of western Canadian history.

So far, I'm impressed with the book, which I bought used at Powell's in Portland, Oregon; I think that next I will find a copy of Gray's Red Lights on the Prairies, which deals with...well, you know.

There is a short Wikipedia article on James H. Gray.

(In other words, to answer your question, Christian--they asked for it!)
Deactivated Member
 

Postby Mr Fjeld » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:53 am

MrTattieHeid wrote:Funny you should ask. I've just started a book titled Booze: When Whisky Ruled the West, by James H. Gray (1972). It's a social history of the impact of alcohol in the Canadian west before, during, and after Prohibition. I'm only a few pages in, but he sets his premises very early: that alcohol was an enormous social problem on the Canadian frontier; that, contrary to popular myth, Prohibition was strongly supported by the majority, who voted it in and reaffirmed their decision in another vote; that alcohol continued to have its role during Prohibition, but in a much more circumspect way; and that when Prohibition was finally lifted, the primary condition was that it would be strictly controlled by the government (which, in its quest for revenue, has ironically made it more widely available than ever before). The book deals with the prairie provinces (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta), so I don't know how much will apply to Ontario, Quebec, and the east, but I imagine many of the forces in play were the same. Of course, Alberta now has private sales; the mirror politics of self-reliant Alberta and agrarian-socialist Saskatchewan, neighbor provinces which were created at the same time, is one of the most fascinating aspects of western Canadian history.

So far, I'm impressed with the book, which I bought used at Powell's in Portland, Oregon; I think that next I will find a copy of Gray's Red Lights on the Prairies, which deals with...well, you know.

There is a short Wikipedia article on James H. Gray.

That's very interesting reading Mr T, thank you for sharing! I think the story was much the same here in Norway also. Drinking used to be a major problem and the temperance movement was probably more influental than we imagine nowadays. From a customer's viewpoint I actually embrace the idea of continued wine monopoly in Norway but that's another story and has nothing to do with politics or the nanny state......
(In other words, to answer your question, Christian--they asked for it!)

lol :lol:
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member
 
Posts: 4249
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:08 pm

Postby Quaichuser » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:01 am

MrTattieHeid wrote:[Funny you should ask. I've just started a book titled Booze: When Whisky Ruled the West, by James H. Gray (1972). It's a social history of the impact of alcohol in the Canadian west before, during, and after Prohibition. I'm only a few pages in, but he sets his premises very early: that alcohol was an enormous social problem on the Canadian frontier; that, contrary to popular myth, Prohibition was strongly supported by the majority, who voted it in and reaffirmed their decision in another vote; that alcohol continued to have its role during Prohibition, but in a much more circumspect way; and that when Prohibition was finally lifted, the primary condition was that it would be strictly controlled by the government (which, in its quest for revenue, has ironically made it more widely available than ever before). The book deals with the prairie provinces (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta), so I don't know how much will apply to Ontario, Quebec, and the east, but I imagine many of the forces in play were the same.

(In other words, to answer your question, Christian--they asked for it!)


The depth and breadth of your knowlege of our internal workings never ceases to amaze me Mr T. (Should I warn CSIS about you.) :lol: :lol:

You postulated correctly. The LCBO was founded in 1927. Based pretty much on prohibitionist thinking and as way to control the legal drinking age. The stores were originally designed to stigmatize the buyers. Those were the days when you had to fill out a form in pencil, stand in line at a wicket, hand your slip to dour faced individual who brought your bottle from somewhere way in the back. Hours were 10-5 and of course "Never on Sunday."
I think they made a movie about that. 8)

They have threatend to privatize it here a number of times but the organization is so large now that just dismantling it is a major stumbling block.

I have been able to confirm that the LCBO is the single largest purchaser of alcoholic beverages in the world. Not sure what that says about our province though. :thumbsup:

Only 2 to go now!
Quaichuser
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Brantford Canada

Postby hpulley » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:19 pm

The QC is gone unless someone returns a bottle as has been said above. You will need to travel if you want to get some right now BUT... I spoke to someone in the know recently and was told there will be a new shipment of both 10yo and QC in the fall so I don't know how much to believe the rumours saying there won't be any more Laphroaig in Canada, Ontario or BC. That said, the cheapest way to get it is still 1L bottles in duty free.

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Postby mithril » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:13 pm

hpulley wrote:The QC is gone unless someone returns a bottle as has been said above. You will need to travel if you want to get some right now BUT... I spoke to someone in the know recently and was told there will be a new shipment of both 10yo and QC in the fall so I don't know how much to believe the rumours saying there won't be any more Laphroaig in Canada, Ontario or BC.


BC already knew that we're getting the QC as a regular stock item at $78 per 750mL bottle so there's nothing at all to believe in rumours that Canada and BC are losing Laphroaig as a brand for good. ;) The 10yr isn't coming back at all though.....
mithril
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby Frodo » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:49 pm

$79 is a brutal price! It was $60 over here last Christmas when the LCBO had a few cases...

On second thought, I'd pay $80 for a bottle. :thumbsup:
Frodo
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:22 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Postby Lawrence » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:17 am

LQC C$40 for a 750ml at Willow Park in Calgary.
Lawrence
Matured cask
 
Posts: 5019
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 1:01 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

Postby Canucklehead » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:21 am

Lawrence wrote:LQC C$40 for a 750ml at Willow Park in Calgary.



I've never been able to find someone out of province (in any of them) that would ship to Ontario.

It's a crime really, that inter-provincial alcohol sales are not allowed, unless approved by the powers that be...

In the States, is it possible to get a bottle of bourbon mailed from Kentucky to Wyoming?

Canada....welcome to the stone age.




.
User avatar
Canucklehead
New member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: Just south of Hamilton, Ontario

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:28 am

In the states it is illegal to send alcohol through the mail at all. Not that it isn't done.
Deactivated Member
 

Postby mithril » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:58 am

MrTattieHeid wrote:In the states it is illegal to send alcohol through the mail at all. Not that it isn't done.


Same with inter-provincial sales in Canada. It is legal to mail alcohol within your own province though as long as there's someone over legal drinking age on the receiving side to sign for it. Not too sure how closely the post is checked though so you might be able to get a friend or relative living in AB to post some of their cheap booze off. We're usually in Calgary a couple times a year visiting my parents (and their in Van a couple times a year to visit us) so I usually buy a few bottles each time. As a matter of fact my mother is meeting us in Kelowna for the Labour Day long weekend and she'll be bringing a "Willow Park Care Package" for me when she comes out. I've not decided quite what I'm getting yet but it will certainly include a couple bottles of the QuarterCask.
mithril
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby mithril » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Lawrence wrote:LQC C$40 for a 750ml at Willow Park in Calgary.


It was actaully $49.35 + GST per on the 2 bottles I bought from there today.
mithril
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby Ganga » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:50 pm

MrTattieHeid wrote:In the states it is illegal to send alcohol through the mail at all. Not that it isn't done.


Is there any federal laws on shipping through the use of a non-government agent such as DHL, Fed-Ex or UPS? I know that individual states such as Texas have laws on shipping of alcohol.
Ganga
Matured cask
 
Posts: 23021
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Sylmar, CA

Postby Drrich1965 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:16 am

A fed ex shipping agreement for booze [url]http://www.wineinstitute.org/membership/docs/fedex-alcohol_shipping_agreement.pdf

[/url]

http://www.wswa.org/public/policy/direct.html

and above, one explaination of the law..i could not find the law quickly and have to go to the airport ot pick up my wife.
Drrich1965
Gold Member
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Postby Lawrence » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:29 am

mithril wrote:
Lawrence wrote:LQC C$40 for a 750ml at Willow Park in Calgary.


It was actaully $49.35 + GST per on the 2 bottles I bought from there today.


Apologies, the whisky manager quoted me $40 (and WestVanDave I believe), perhaps we recieve a better deal than others???

:wink:
Lawrence
Matured cask
 
Posts: 5019
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 1:01 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

Re: Laphroaig 10 Discontinued in Ontario

Postby Canada Jan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:36 pm

Canucklehead wrote:Yes, it's quite distressful for some of us here in Canada.

God knows why the LCBO, the world's largest purchaser of alcohol, would decide to discontinue such a fine product.

Does anyone have insight on this?


.


Canuckhead,

I just got back from vacation and read your post. I received the e-mail below from one of my customers:

A friend of mine has informed me that Laphroaig is so upset with the LCBO that they are not going to sell any of their bottlings to
the LCBO in the future. I informed him that you have many offerings of Laphroaig.

I have no way to verify if ths is accurate but I thought I'd pass the info. along.
Canada Jan
New member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby mithril » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:52 pm

Lawrence wrote:Apologies, the whisky manager quoted me $40 (and WestVanDave I believe), perhaps we recieve a better deal than others???

:wink:


I believe I know the discount you're referring to but sadly I'm not entitled to it just yet :( On the plus side I'll be joining the West Coast Whisky Society on after the Labour Day long weekend once all the g/f's family have returned to the South Pacific and life returns to a more normal pace.

I posted the price just for information because I know that you guys get some better pricing. I was in the Cambie & 39th store yesterday and noticed that they have their stock of the QC in now @ $78/bottle so the $52/bottle (after GST) at WillowPark is still a significant savings.

On a different note, the g/f, her parents and I will be heading over to the Island this weekend...... you wouldn't happen to know if The Strath carries Glenlivet Nadurra would you?
mithril
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Laphroaig 10 Discontinued in Ontario

Postby hpulley » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:56 pm

Canada Jan wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Yes, it's quite distressful for some of us here in Canada.

God knows why the LCBO, the world's largest purchaser of alcohol, would decide to discontinue such a fine product.

Does anyone have insight on this?


.


Canuckhead,

I just got back from vacation and read your post. I received the e-mail below from one of my customers:

A friend of mine has informed me that Laphroaig is so upset with the LCBO that they are not going to sell any of their bottlings to
the LCBO in the future. I informed him that you have many offerings of Laphroaig.

I have no way to verify if ths is accurate but I thought I'd pass the info. along.


Won't be the first or last distillery upset at the LCBO. We aren't getting any more Bruichladdich for a reason! I'm complaining to some fairly high level people at the LCBO but usually just get marketing hyperbole in response:

The LCBO strives to be the best in class with respect to providing our customers with a wide selection of beverage alcohol products from around the world, while providing a pleasant shopping environment and delivering knowledgeable friendly service. Customer feedback is welcome and most importantly essential to the success of any business. We review all suggestions and reports from customers and whenever possible, make changes to better improve the product selection and services we provide.

:sleep:

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Postby Quaichuser » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:35 pm

I picked up one of the few remaining 10yr olds locally yesterday. Spoke with my contact there about Laphroiag. He didn't know anything for certain but he is going to look into it. He spent 6 months in Toronto recently on one of the LCBO executive commitees so hopefully he has the contacts higher up that might shed some light on this.
In the meantime there is still some 10yr old left in the various stores around. Anyone who is a fan should think about stocking up.
Quaichuser
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Brantford Canada

Re: Laphroaig 10 Discontinued in Ontario

Postby Canada Jan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:42 pm

hpulley wrote:Won't be the first or last distillery upset at the LCBO. We aren't getting any more Bruichladdich for a reason! I'm complaining to some fairly high level people at the LCBO but usually just get marketing hyperbole in response:

The LCBO strives to be the best in class with respect to providing our customers with a wide selection of beverage alcohol products from around the world, while providing a pleasant shopping environment and delivering knowledgeable friendly service. Customer feedback is welcome and most importantly essential to the success of any business. We review all suggestions and reports from customers and whenever possible, make changes to better improve the product selection and services we provide.

:sleep:

Harry


Harry,

I used to be the agent for Bruichladdich and at that time there was plenty of it in the LCBO. We agreed to discontinue our relationship 2 years ago for business reasons. I think they have wonderful products and like many other suppliers their products should be in the LCBO. The LCBO has a certain way of doing business and it's very difficult for suppliers in other countries to comprehend. So many obstacles seem to be put in their way and all the suppliers want is to sell their products the way they do elsewhere in the World. I have many requests from customers who want to see more Signatory and Douglas Laing products in the LCBO. I receive calls frequently for the Edradour 10 Year Old that's been sold out for a while but the LCBO doesn't want to order. There are a lot of politics invloved and it's extremely disheartening.
Canada Jan
New member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Lawrence » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:51 pm

mithril wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Apologies, the whisky manager quoted me $40 (and WestVanDave I believe), perhaps we recieve a better deal than others???

:wink:


I believe I know the discount you're referring to but sadly I'm not entitled to it just yet :( On the plus side I'll be joining the West Coast Whisky Society on after the Labour Day long weekend once all the g/f's family have returned to the South Pacific and life returns to a more normal pace.

I posted the price just for information because I know that you guys get some better pricing. I was in the Cambie & 39th store yesterday and noticed that they have their stock of the QC in now @ $78/bottle so the $52/bottle (after GST) at WillowPark is still a significant savings.

On a different note, the g/f, her parents and I will be heading over to the Island this weekend...... you wouldn't happen to know if The Strath carries Glenlivet Nadurra would you?


Hi, I wasn't aware the the Nadurra is being carried in BC yet so the quick answer is no, the Strath does not have the Nadurra. I have spoken to Corby about this shocking oversight and they are looking into it.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Matured cask
 
Posts: 5019
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 1:01 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

Postby mithril » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:08 pm

Lawrence wrote:Hi, I wasn't aware the the Nadurra is being carried in BC yet so the quick answer is no, the Strath does not have the Nadurra. I have spoken to Corby about this shocking oversight and they are looking into it.

Lawrence


I don't believe it is, but I know the The Strath carries the 1L duty-free bottling of the QC so I was hoping they might have other duty-free access bottlings too.
mithril
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby Lawrence » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:42 pm

mithril wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Hi, I wasn't aware the the Nadurra is being carried in BC yet so the quick answer is no, the Strath does not have the Nadurra. I have spoken to Corby about this shocking oversight and they are looking into it.

Lawrence


I don't believe it is, but I know the The Strath carries the 1L duty-free bottling of the QC so I was hoping they might have other duty-free access bottlings too.


Oh! I have it now, I'll ask the Manager about this, it's a good idea. If some comes available I'll let you know. They also have a good supply of Dewar Rattray single cask bottlings plus some duty free products.
Lawrence
Matured cask
 
Posts: 5019
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 1:01 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada


Next

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder