Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ardbeg Renaissance, at 55.9% ABV

General chat and talk about whisky.

Re: Ardbeg Renaissance, at 55.9% ABV

Postby Spirit of Islay » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:50 pm

just poured one , truly outstanding Malt Whisky !
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 pm

Spirit of Islay wrote:just poured one , truly outstanding Malt Whisky !

Yes, it's what everyone is saying, I can hardly wait to taste it!!!
I've just "special ordered" mine so hopefully I'll get it next week! And maybe if I find it on the shelf in Bergen when I visit I'll have to grab another since it sounds so great! Really looking forward to this one!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 pm

Di Blasi wrote:

I've just "special ordered" mine so hopefully I'll get it next week! And maybe if I find it on the shelf in Bergen when I visit I'll have to grab another since it sounds so great! Really looking forward to this one!

That's fantastic Jonathan, hope you get to sell it at Herman soon. The only thing that bothers me slightly is the fact that once again decided Horeca should get it before private custommers :x
Mr Fjeld

Postby Di Blasi » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:17 am

Mr Fjeld wrote:
Di Blasi wrote:

That's fantastic Jonathan, hope you get to sell it at Herman soon. The only thing that bothers me slightly is the fact that once again decided Horeca should get it before private custommers :x

Actually, I'm not sure about that. The importer told me the VSD number, different to the government's Vinmonopolet number, so I've emailed the Vinmonopolet my "special order sheet" for it. It's what I did for the Highland Park single cask, and actually I ordered it as a private party. I'll email you the sheet with the info Mr Fjeld! But I'd guess it will make it to the special whisky shelves in Bergen soon!
Di Blasi

Postby Mr Fjeld » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Di Blasi wrote:Actually, I'm not sure about that. The importer told me the VSD number, different to the government's Vinmonopolet number, so I've emailed the Vinmonopolet my "special order sheet" for it. It's what I did for the Highland Park single cask, and actually I ordered it as a private party. I'll email you the sheet with the info Mr Fjeld! But I'd guess it will make it to the special whisky shelves in Bergen soon!

Here's hoping it will be available at Altona on Thursday :thumbsup:
Mr Fjeld

Postby Di Blasi » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Mr Fjeld wrote:
Di Blasi wrote:Actually, I'm not sure about that. The importer told me the VSD number, different to the government's Vinmonopolet number, so I've emailed the Vinmonopolet my "special order sheet" for it. It's what I did for the Highland Park single cask, and actually I ordered it as a private party. I'll email you the sheet with the info Mr Fjeld! But I'd guess it will make it to the special whisky shelves in Bergen soon!

Here's hoping it will be available at Altona on Thursday :thumbsup:

Gosh, wouldn't that be nice! I'll definitely be on the hunt when we get to Bergen, and get it if I do find it!!!
Di Blasi

Postby LeoDLion » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:00 pm

My Ardbeg Renaissance arrived together with an Aberlour 16. I did open the Aberlour and compared that with the A'bunadh batch #16. The 16 has more peppery taste and not as much of a sherry to it. The color is just about the same, deep golden color. I prefer the A'bunadh. The Renaissance is still unopened, waiting for an opportune time.
LeoDLion
Gold Member

Postby lohssanami » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:23 pm

Congrats Leo on getting the Ren successfully.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:10 am

Two more Rennaisance arrived today thanks to Peaty.

:D

Happy MT
Deactivated Member

Previous

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder