Re: The Best Whisky In The World?
Of international brands (i.e excluding local Indian producs for example that sell for â‚¬1) the international ranking I believe is as follows. Blends are where the whiskeys are sourced form multiple locations and bottled as one brand, Single Distillery refers to where one distillery produces all of the content on one site (As per Single Malts). The following list is industry recognised.
1. Johnny Walker 14.4 million (Blend, Red and Black, all variants)
2. JAck Daniels 9.7 million (Single Distillery, all versions)
3. Ballantines 6.2 million (Blend, All versions)
4. Jim Beam 5.3 million (Single Distillery, all versions)
5. J&B 5.3million (Single Distillery, All versions)
6. Crown Royal, 5.2million (Blend, all versions)
7. Grants Whiskey 4.7 million (Blend, all versions)
8. Chivas Regal 4.5million cases (Blend, all versions)
9. Dewars 3.5 million cases (Blend, all versions)
10. Famous Grouse 3.1million cases (Blend, all versions)
11. Jameson 2.6million cases (Single Distillery, all verisions)
The Number one selling Singel Malt is I believe Glenfiddich with The Glenlivet being No1 in the USA.
The World's number one selling Pure Pot Still is of course Redbreast.
brands excluded from the list above are, Bagpiper, McDowells, Original Choice Indian, Officers Choice, Royal Stag, Directors Special, Suntory, Jagatjit, Imperial Blue, 8pm.
Thus the best whiskeys in the world by category in 1st, 2nd and 3rd;
Blend - 1st. Johnny Walker, Ballantines, 3rd J&B
Single Distillery - 1st. Jack Daniels, 2nd. Jim Beam, 3rd. Jameson
Single Malt - 1st. Glenfiddich, 2nd. The Glenlivet, 3rd. The Macallan
Pure Pot Head