Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bruichladdich 3D Moine Mhor V Caol ila distillers Edition

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Bruichladdich 3D Moine Mhor V Caol ila distillers Edition

Postby Kernow » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:01 pm

My Lovely wife has just asked me which of these 2 i prefer as she is going to buy me one this afternoon :D

What a lovely choice i have to make , im thinking of going for the Moine mhor as never tried it. Any advice from anyone whos tried both?

Always a great time of yr coming up for replenishing the cabinet since ive got into Whiskys xmas has got better, everyone knows what to buy me :) , hope you all get the bottle you want.

Merry Xmas.
Kernow
Bronze Member

Re: Bruichladdich 3D Moine Mhor V Caol ila distillers Edition

Postby Kernow » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Well here the story of what happened this afternoon;

i bought the bottle of 3D for £36.99 and very happy i was to, but half way home thought i would have a look at the colour. In doing so i noticed hundreds of little bits in the bottle :shock: . I knew they had another bottle so of i went back to the shop to check that bottle out. It was the same :shock: :shock: . The shop manager said he just got 2 the 2 bottles in and never noticed and has never seen anything like this before and was going to send them back.

So i exchanged it for the Caol ila distillers, which i know i like but would have really have liked to try the Moine Mhor.

Back to the bits in the Moine Mhor has anybody any idea what this can be? cork?? im just not sure. They Where very tiny and seemed to be suspended in the whole bottle, so much so that first i thought it was a trick of the light.
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Kernow
Bronze Member

Postby Jimmy321 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:52 pm

It diden't happen to be a cold day?

If it was it's prob just protein which solidifies at low temps and would have gone back to clear at room temp.

**edit - i dident notice you were in the UK so it was a cold day**
Jimmy321
Silver Member

Postby Kernow » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:06 am

Yes ive asked Bruichladdich and that what they have basically said. i would have thought the whisky shop i bought from would have known that and said.

So now that ive got the Distillers anyone prefer the Moine Mhor? i was really looking forward to tasting it.
Kernow
Bronze Member

Postby Jimmy321 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:15 am

Diden't happen to be Oddbin's?

I was in today looking at the Bruichladdich's in the display and they looked cloudy and was thinking not many people would buy that if they did'ent know it was natural.
Jimmy321
Silver Member

Postby Kernow » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:57 am

No it wasnt Oddbins but a good smaller independant shop. I didnt even think that the shop was that cold, unless he recently put it on the shelf. Heres what bruichladdich have said to me about it;

''As you know all our whiskies are 100% natural - no chill-filtration, homogenisation, or colouring - and bottled at the distillery on Islay with Islay spring water to ensure this.

If at any time the whisky is stored in an excess of temperature - either cold or warmth (though more likely the former in recent days), particles may precipitate as they do in fine wines that have equally not been chill-filtered; in effect it is proof of the naturalness of the bottling, and therefore the extra flavour, texture and aroma to be expected.

Sometimes, a shake of the bottle or when the whisky regains room temperature will cause it do disappear. As with a venerable wine, there is no need to filter it out, the whisky can be enjoyed as normal.''
Kernow
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder