Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Should Whisky Magazine return to reporting on these forums?

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Bring back the forum reports!

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes : 25

Should Whisky Magazine return to reporting on these forums?

Postby Admiral » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:03 pm

Remember when Whisky Magazine used to devote a page to report on what was being discussed on the forums?

Would you like to see it return?
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Postby Matt2 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:30 pm

YES :!:

I too miss those pages and I will be trying to get them back.
Matt2

forums

Postby Pipe and dram » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:57 pm

yes, this is where a lot of behind the scenes discussions take place by the decicated readers, supporters and critics alike>>
Pipe and dram

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:49 pm

Why was it removed form the magazine Matt? Any idea why?

The website seems to be a vital part of the magazine, and that cut doesnt made a lot of sense to me...
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Matt2 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:49 am

Hi Jeroen , something to do with the total number of pages but I need to look into it... I think the web is excellent for whisky drinkers, there is soo much information out there and should get more column inches in the magazine
Matt2

Postby Frodo » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:11 am

Matt:

To play Devil's Advocate, there are probably not enough opinions in this forum to ensure proper validity when arguing for coverage in your magazine. Your page would be based on the opinion of how many people? For example, there are a lot of posts in this forum extolling the virtues of Ardbeg or Macallan. If this reflected the greater whisky enthusiast community's preferances, then Ardbeg or Macallan and not "fiddich would be the most popular malt. I think there may be room for trends to be brought to light however.

I'm not saying the forum should not be reported on. Just that care should be taken to not present opinions as though they came from thousands of people. Even if we are the creme of the inteligencia (sniff sniff). :P :P :P :lol: :mrgreen:

Respectfully
Frodo
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder