Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

What is your favourite whisky type?

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

What is your favourite whisky type?

Bourbon
8%
Canadian
No votes
Irish
11%
Japanese
1%
Scotch
80%
Tennessee
No votes

Total votes : 106

Postby zarb » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:55 pm

I voted for Scotch, but I do love the sweet Irish whiskies now and then, for a change. I can't understand why Jack Daniel's is so popular either- neat it tastes too sickly sweet, mixed with coke it makes me feel like I'm drinking Malibu! JD and Bell's are two whiskies I just can't bring myself to drink, and I find most of the cheaper blends taste alright with mixers.
zarb

Scotch

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:24 am

Scotch.

I have some lovely Irish, New Zealand, Japanese and a sad little Canadian SM in storage. However I do truly enjoy SM Scotch.
When I want "candy" I drink CC (or Southern Comfort) with "seven"on ice. I've not sampled my Buffalo Trace, while JD and it's Tennesee cousins have yet to cross my portal. The knowledge provided on these forums may change that, but not at this time.
Muskrat Pete
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby andre_s » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:04 pm

Doesn't Keith Richards take his JD neat (from the bottle)?
andre_s

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:06 pm

He may take it straight, but I'd hardly call it neat!

I wonder how much he spilled when he fell out of the tree.
Deactivated Member

Postby Wendy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:38 pm

My guess...not a drop...

I voted Scotch with Irish a close second.

Wendy
Wendy
Gold Member

Postby Richiyaado » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:11 am

Lately, Scotch, though Bourbon is my first love. A couple of nights ago, I poured a little Bourbon (Woodford Reserve) following a dram of Scotch (Lagavulin 16yo). Somehow, the Bourbon seemed smoother and sweeter than usual.
Richiyaado

Postby Jon Barleycorn » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:08 am

Scotch is #1 for me now, although I started with Jameson's back when I found Scotch too "heavy". Later I got into Wild Turkey, and from there into bourbon in general. Eventually I sampled enough single malts to appreciate what all the fuss was about. Now I feel like going back and trying some more Irish, specifically Redbreast which is praised so often in these forums. I would also really like to sample some of the highly rated Japanese whiskeys - I just don't know where to find them in these parts.
Jon Barleycorn

Previous

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder