Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Which Malt to put in Nick Brown's morning porridge!

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Which malt to put in Nick Brown's morning porridge

Lagavulin 12
No votes
Ardbeg 10
No votes
Ardbeg Very Young
No votes
Laphroaig 10
8%
Laphroaig 6yr (Blackadder raw cask)
17%
Balvenie icewine finish
8%
Jura Superstition
No votes
Octomore 6 month old
50%
Burning peat
17%

Total votes : 12

Which Malt to put in Nick Brown's morning porridge!

Postby Frodo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:33 am

Which malt should we slip into Nick Brown's morning porridge to get a BIG reaction?
Last edited by Frodo on Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby parvus » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:39 am

Octomore Oat Flakes, naturally.

I think someone should release peat flavoured oatmeal. Bruichladdich, i'm looking your way.
parvus
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:01 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope Nick has his sense of humor on today....
Deactivated Member

Postby Scotchio » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:06 am

Oh you devils! I've found Nick's comments on many of the less mainstream malts very helpful . If I had to pick one it would be Ardbeg 1975 for sheer unadulterated peatiness. It will be interesting to see which one Nick would choose.
Scotchio
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:45 pm

I'm ever so flattered to have earned a Poll all to myself.

I don't dislike peated whisky and cut my teeth on it, although I think my whisky life has been more fulfilled since I discovered other styles too. Of those listed, I would be torn between Laphroaig 10 (although, like Viz magazine, it's officially not as good as it used to be), Ardbeg 10 or Laga 12 (which I haven't tried).

I currently have a couple of peaty whiskies on the go - a Benromach Traditional; an OMC Laphroaig 17; Bowmore Voyage; and Te Bheag. In recent months, I have enjoyed Ledaig 15; Black Bottle; and Ardbeg 1977. I had a bottle of Jura Superstition which I didn't really like as it didn't taste very well integrated and a G&M Cask Strength Ardmore which was OK, but not as good as the SMWS 66.16. I often try peatier whiskies at SMWS as I like to try drams that I wouldn't normally drink, and have had some very peaty Bowmore there.

At the moment, I have four very malty whiskies on the go - Littlemill 8; Dailuaine SMWS 2000 bottling; Craigellachie SMWS 2001? bottling and a Cadenheads Glen Grant bourbon cask. They are all a bit similar, although with subtle differences, so it is possible to overdose on other styles too.

As to whether I have a sense of humour - that's really for others to judge.
Deactivated Member

Postby Frodo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:45 pm

Cheers Nick! I couldn't resist. :P
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:32 pm

How about some of this new stuff from the 'laddie boys - Usquebaugh-baul. I suspect it will be quite enough Islay for most folk, by the sounds of it!
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder