Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Smoke Free Scotland

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Should smoking be banned in Pubs?

Yes - I hate smoke filled rooms
76%
No - it breaches the human right of choice
24%

Total votes : 41

Postby Lord_Pfaffin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:05 am

I think that you will find that if you got big bolas you can swing enough to get in trouble anywhere. :wink:
You got the bolas to light-up you just may find out that cigarettes come in supository form. :shock:
Lord_Pfaffin
Silver Member

Postby Scotched » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:57 pm

I think its a great shame as tobacco is one of lifes pleasures and people living longer is a drain on our future pensions.

(I don't smoke except the occasional cigar)
Scotched

Postby Di Blasi » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:47 am

Aaaaah, the whole world is closing in on the smokers!! And I love it!
As others have said, it's so nice to go back to, or go to a place and enjoy a whisky and not to worry about reaking of smoke afterwards! And inhaling all of that junk!!
But hey, if you must smoke in public or wherever: GO ARDBEG!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:11 am

I have to side with Jonathan and say smoking ban in public places is a good thing for most people; guests, employees and dogs where allowed. The only problem I have with the ban is the awful smell of sweat in crowded bars during the last hours before closing time - seriously, it's an issue!

Myself I've been smoke free for one and a half year and I can't say I miss it.

Edit: But I will miss the scent of good quality pipe tobacco and cigars!

Christian
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby rthomson » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:42 pm

I'm all for the smoking ban. This state introduced one last December. After giving a month to let residual smoke begin to clear out, I finally checked out some bars that had a reputation as nice but smoke-filled.

The state's smoking ban also prohibits smoking within 25 ft. of an entryway to a building that is open to the public. In some cases, particularly health clinics and schools, windows fall under the classification of "entryway". However, I've seen little enforcement of this part of the ban. There are numerous piles of cigarette butts just a couple of feet away from many, many doors. A 25 ft. radius would effectively eliminate smoking in many sections of Seattle but, due to the lack of enforcement, I don't see that happening.

Ron
rthomson
Silver Member

Previous

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder