Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

The one Kildalton malt I don't like is:

Laphroaig
24%
Lagavulin
29%
Ardbeg
47%

Total votes : 17

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:29 am

Quaichuser wrote:Mr. T.
Interesting poll. A bit like asking one..which of your children do you like best. :lol:

Oh no. Nor like asking which of your children you like least. I'm asking if you have one child you just don't like!

Please don't anyone take that literally and answer it!
Deactivated Member

Postby les taylor » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:06 am

I definitely dislike Leonard Nimoy the most. When compared with Mr T and Marvin. :wink:
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:08 am

Mr T I bet your glad you started this poll now. I can't wait for the next one.

:)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby ScotchPalate » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:01 pm

I like all three, so I didn't vote per MT's specifications. This poll surprises me. Many of the polls on these three (including a few I've put up myself) showed the Lagavulin to be prefered. Ardbeg always seems to have many fans regardless of board, whisky shop or area. I'm surprised it's #1 disliked in this poll. Hmmmmm.

I agree with Crieftan:
Tattie loves polls Tatttie Loves Polls :lol: :lol:
ScotchPalate
Bronze Member

Postby Lawrence » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:27 pm

BubbaC wrote:I dislike Laphroaig 10. Hands down the worst whisky I've ever drank... scratch that, 2nd worst. Old Crow gets the top nod on that. When I first nosed it, I thought I had put my face in a tire fire. A thoroughly disappointing bottle. I think I drank it within a week just to be rid of it. Can't really remember the week though.

Have you tried the other two? Do you really just dislike Laphroaig or do you just dislike smoky whiskies?
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby peergynt323 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:49 pm

My friend also described Laphroaig 10yo CS as burnt rubber. Very strange considering I find it so pleasant.
peergynt323
Gold Member

Postby BubbaC » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:52 pm

Lawrence, to answer your question. It seems to be just the Laphroaig. I have an open bottle of Ardberg and I love it. I also really like the Lagavulin. I have been contemplating revisiting the Laphroaig since it was the first Islay I ever tried, and I do like the other two. I think it might have been a shock to my senses perhaps. It's not very expensive so it may be something I check out again.
BubbaC

Postby Reggaeblues » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:56 pm

Well, I'm back home, waiting for Lucie to get off the phone so's we can eat, writing two songs...and occasionally passing through the kitchen where my glass of birthday Lagavulin sits,,,and everytime i pass i take a sip...

and i return to my guitar with wonderful flavours in my mouth.

Heaven!

I think i would say the same for the others, but it's a longtime me no 'ave no Lagavulin time...and i'm loving it!

...ok, I admit, Laphroaig would be my third choice...but a choice nonetheless..
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Previous

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder