Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Best 25 Year

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Best/Favorite 25 Year Single Malt

Macallan 25
13%
Highland Park 25
19%
Balvenie 25 Single Barrel
13%
Talisker 25
13%
Bowmore 25
6%
Glenfarclas 25
19%
Bunnahabhain 25
6%
Glenmorangie 25
6%
Glenrothes 1979 (ok, it's not quite 25)
No votes
Other (please include in post)
6%

Total votes : 16

Best 25 Year

Postby ScotchPalate » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:24 pm

What's the best? (Favorite)
ScotchPalate
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:08 pm

I don't feel quite right voting when I haven't had a lot of these, and I don't normally vote in this kind of poll, anyway (I hate polls! I do I do I do!). But I love HP 25, and think I would choose it for my last bottle on earth. So there you are.
Deactivated Member

Postby lbacha » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm

Like Mr T said I havn't tried all of these either but the Glenfarclas 25 is great so I went with it, The HP 25 is also a great dram but I havn't had it in a while and the Glenfarclas is fresh on my mind.

Len
lbacha
Gold Member

Postby Admiral » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:31 am

It's hard to go past the top two choices.

The problem with some of the other choices is that they're not the best examples of those distilleries' portfolio in the older age range.

(In other words, for example, Glenfarclas 25yo is a great whisky, but I reckon the 15yo and 30yo is better).

Cheers,
AD
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Balvenie 25

Postby Muskrat Portage » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:10 am

Well, don't I feel the odd duck here. I voted the Balvenie and lo, I'm the only one. I haven't tried some of the others but did really enjoy the B 25 and so voted accordingly.

I'm stressing over buying a new house (has a great future whisky lair), Christian knows all about it and has seen the pictures, so I may as well drown myself in the bottle I just voted for.
Peter
Edit: (Gasp!) :shock: The 25 was emptied last week, I defaulted to the 21 yo and :shock: there's only two drams left there! My Balvenie stores are dropping
Peter
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:32 am

I'd love to try a full bottle of the Balvenie 25. I've only had a couple drams in a pub, and my impression was that it wasn't as good as the 15. But I know very well that it wasn't a fair trial; no telling how long that bottle had been on the shelf.

The one sample I had of the 30, on the other hand, was enough to convince me of greatness. If only I could afford a bottle of that....
Deactivated Member

Re: Balvenie 25

Postby Mr Fjeld » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:41 pm

Muskrat Portage wrote:I'm stressing over buying a new house (has a great future whisky lair), Christian knows all about it and has seen the pictures, so I may as well drown myself in the bottle I just voted for.
Peter

And it's a very nice house - I hope you buy it Peter!
I don't think I've ever had a 25 year old whisky...
Have to do something about that so I'll keep an eye on this thread to influence a future purchase.
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:50 pm

Mr Fjeld wrote:
Muskrat Portage wrote:I'm stressing over buying a new house ...Peter
Have to do something about that so I'll keep an eye on this thread to influence a future purchase.

Christian: If I do decide to buy it, there will be room for you and B. to come and stay, then we'll see about introducing you to some 25 year old SM's.
Peter
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:09 pm

Muskrat Portage wrote:
Mr Fjeld wrote:
Muskrat Portage wrote:I'm stressing over buying a new house ...Peter

Christian: If I do decide to buy it, there will be room for you and B. to come and stay, then we'll see about introducing you to some 25 year old SM's.
Peter

That sounds very nice Peter :D
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Reggaeblues » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:01 am

this is not a poor musician's thread!

Only had one dram of the macallan, and that was about the 11th whisky of the day, and the 5th of a 5 course dinner with whisky(part of a Macallan tasting weekend gifted me by my Lucie), so can't say i have a strong memory of it...

But i'd be inclined to trust Mr TH's judgment and go blind for the HP 25, as i love the 18...
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:21 am

My only caveat is not to expect to be smacked upside the head with monster chops. HP25 is Tony Levin, not Jeff Berlin. Manu Katche, not Chad Wackerman. Andres Segovia, not Eddie Van Halen. :roll: Oh, that's about enough of that....
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder