Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Which is the Best "Which is the Best 25yo Malt" Po

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Which is the Best "Which is the Best 25yo" Poll?

Lugareniente's
No votes
Scotchpalate's
13%
This one
75%
Another one I just started
13%

Total votes : 8

Which is the Best "Which is the Best 25yo Malt" Po

Postby TheLaddie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:44 am

Two polls are running at the moment on the best 25 year old whisky. But which is your favourite poll? :wink:
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:30 am

Silly, really silly! Good one! Keep entertaining us!!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Mustardhead » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:32 am

Nice one, Doc :D
Mustardhead
Gold Member

Postby ScotchPalate » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:25 am

Lugareniente's is a great poll, that was originally posted in November. I apologize to everyone, as I did not find it when I searched, prior to posting mine. The moderator(s) is/are welcome to remove my poll.

The two polls weren't put out at the same time. The last time someone responded to Lugareniente's poll was Nov. 23, 2006. After seeing my poll posted (today), Nick Brown went and dug it out and made a mundane post to bump the older poll back to the top, to make it appear that the two polls were out at the same time, just to be a jerk, I guess.. He could have made a post on my poll stating that this poll had been done already and maybe included a helpful link. But no, I guess making me look silly was more important...mature. Thanks, Nick. :roll: :roll: Now, I remember why I don't like discussion boards.
ScotchPalate
Bronze Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:35 am

You did nothing wrong Scotchpalate! It's the very nature of polls - and dare I say all subcjects in the whisky category - that they surface every now and then.

Keep on posting!
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:21 am

Nor did Nick. Don't take it personally, SP--I got a chuckle out of it (especially since I answered your poll and immediately thereafter saw the other, which I'd never answered). I've been here a little over two years and stuff gets repeated all the time--that's the nature of it, with people popping in and out. Nick can be a smartass, and his dry sense of humor is easily misunderstood; but I'm quite sure he has no real wish to make anyone look dumb. For one thing, it's not necessary--most of us are quite capable of looking dumb all on our own! :P
Deactivated Member

Postby TheLaddie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:05 am

ScotchPalate wrote:The two polls weren't put out at the same time. The last time someone responded to Lugareniente's poll was Nov. 23, 2006. After seeing my poll posted (today), Nick Brown went and dug it out and made a mundane post to bump the older poll back to the top, to make it appear that the two polls were out at the same time, just to be a jerk, I guess.. He could have made a post on my poll stating that this poll had been done already and maybe included a helpful link. But no, I guess making me look silly was more important...mature. Thanks, Nick. :roll: :roll: Now, I remember why I don't like discussion boards.

ScotchPalate, Mr T is right, don't take it personally. Sorry if any offence was caused. Neither Nick nor myself were trying to make you look silly. Most of us will be the victim of a little gentle ribbing at some point. Yes, it is worth looking through Jan's excellent FAQ section before posting a new poll if you want to avoid this sort of thing but it happens. Your Poll was welcome as are all your posts.

It's worth remembering when reading comments on this forum that (and I'll whisper as it is a secret) some of us have been drinking

Enjoy the banter and when you are on the receiving end roll with it. We are all friends here (even Nick...) :D
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:32 am

Sorry ScotchPalate if I upset or irritated you. That really wasn't meant. I just saw an opportunity for what was, I thought, a rather smart pun. As Tattie says, I do have a dry sense of humour but I hope I'm harmless.
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder