Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

What kind are you? Before you Answer read what I wrote.

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

when you have had a few too many whisky drinks are you a good happy drunk, or a mean nasty aggressive drunk?

Good Happy Drunk
94%
Meanspirited Aggressive Drunk
6%

Total votes : 52

What kind are you? Before you Answer read what I wrote.

Postby Elagabalus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:42 pm

My grandmother used to drink Glenfiddich as I have mentionned before.
When she would drink too many she would turn into a nasty drunk, mean, spiteful etc etc.

Some people do turn into nasty, mean spirited, or even aggressive people after they have had a few too many.

A friend of mine told me that he cannot drink spirits because he ends up wanting to fight people and he doesnt know why. For this reason he sticks to beer. This isn't because he doesn't get drunk off of beer, he does when he wants to and he is quite jovial and pleasant.

So this poll basically asks when you have had a few too many whisky drinks are you a good happy drunk, or a mean nasty aggressive drunk? Please be honest!!!
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Reggaeblues » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Well, if all i had to drink was glenfiddich, I think I'd get mean and nasty too!
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby Reggaeblues » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:46 pm

Seriously though, i have met those who refuse whisky for exactly the reason you state. Happily, I seem to get a nice buzz and a pleasant mood from casual dramming. I don't drink to get drunk ( I use other means as you know!) but it does have a pleasant side effect...

Truth is, with ANY substance you ingest, especially if you INTEND to get pleasantly alterred, it can lower your resistance to stressful situtions, or "things not going your way", and this CAN easily translate into short, or explosive temper..

...I've found this even applies to strong fresh coffee. It can lift me for an hour or so, then i get these feelings of rampant adrenaline. I don't like that feeling and have max 4/5 cups a week!

i swear if coffee was discovered tomorrow it'd be banned as a dangerous
drug!
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby lbacha » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:15 pm

I know some people who get alittle agressive when they drink whiskybut I attribute that to the fact they drink it one shot at a time.

Len
lbacha
Gold Member

Postby Elagabalus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:17 pm

Well they are still getting aggressive. I have known people to do shots of whisky and get all happy and bubbly even when they are slurring words beyond comprehension.
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Scotchio » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:38 pm

I had a friend who only kept Bells in the house, every time I went round for a drink I wanted to punch him
Scotchio
Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 pm

i know folk who go a bit nuts when they drink whisky, i personally get a hangover if a drink grain or blended whisky. but for the purpose of this poll im a happy cheery drunk, but i dont go out of my way to get drunk, i stop beofre that hapens.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Ardbeg311 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:24 pm

Fortunately, I tend to be a happy drunk who finds even more humour in everything. Then I fall asleep. Of course, with the price of decent single malt scotch, I find that I can only afford to get drunk a few times a year!
Ardbeg311
Gold Member

Postby TheLaddie » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:34 am

"Yer me best mate you are..." :P
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Mustardhead » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:36 am

Sober
Loud
Sleepy

:)
Mustardhead
Gold Member

Happy when tipsy

Postby Muskrat Portage » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:08 am

When dramming, or drinking in general, I am a happy drunk. I try not to overindulge very often. When tipsy, I think I'm funnier. Sometimes, it's not the case. Luckily I'm also a quiet drunk.
Muskrat
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Choochoo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:21 am

I become a mix of Andy Capp and Hugh Hefner
Choochoo
Silver Member

Postby Elagabalus » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:26 am

With or without the bathrobe? :lol:
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Choochoo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:36 am

Elagabalus wrote:With or without the bathrobe? :lol:

With - unless the bunnies and I are in the grotto.
Choochoo
Silver Member

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:17 am

I enjoy sipping whisky, don't get to the point of full drunkedness, but anyway, I am happy, happier and happiest when I do drink!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:40 am

Funny, I don't remember ever seeing Andy Capp in a bathrobe.
Deactivated Member

Postby Ann-Helen » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:08 pm

I think that whisky doesn`t make me drunk; like if you drink to much of mixed drinks you can`t walk and talk and so on .
whisky comes sniking up on you, if you know what I mean.
The last time I drank too much whisky (which is very rare)was at the Vestfold whiskyfestival I didn`t get drunk but when I came home later on I was freezing . It was 23 degrees celsius inside and I was sitting under a blanket freezing :?
Ann-Helen
Silver Member

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:32 pm

Ann-Helen wrote:I think that whisky doesn`t make me drunk; like if you drink to much of mixed drinks you can`t walk and talk and so on .
whisky comes sniking up on you, if you know what I mean.
The last time I drank too much whisky (which is very rare)was at the Vestfold whiskyfestival I didn`t get drunk but when I came home later on I was freezing . It was 23 degrees celsius inside and I was sitting under a blanket freezing :?

Gosh! 23C inside?? A crime here in Norway Ann Helen! That wasn't your drinking to blame. Isn't standard room temperature closer to 27 or 28C??!!!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Ann-Helen » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:31 pm

My dearest Di Blasi, room temperatur between 18 to 20 deegrees celsius (depending on season) is normal I don`t think I know anyone that have temperatur like that(27/28C) at home ,if they did they wouldn`t be wearing any clothes, i think, at least very little clothes.I don`t fancy walking around (in my house at winter ) with a bikini on this time of year.
Think about all the clothes you`d have to put on when you`re going outside. :)
Ann-Helen
Silver Member

Postby Dan G » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:28 pm

I seldom get drunk, but when I do the sequence is usually happy and jovial, mellow and quiet, then sleep. The first stage can last a while, the second is hard to control without it leading to sleep very quickly.
Dan G

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:39 pm

That seems to be the most common pattern here. Angry drunks don't get let near the good bottles, at least not more than once.
Deactivated Member

Postby LeoDLion » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:11 pm

I dont get drunk. When I was young I do but not anymore. If I have had too much, I usually fall sleep. Must be some kind of a body safeguard.
LeoDLion
Gold Member

Postby Ganga » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:38 pm

For the most part, you'd call me a happy boisterous drunk. Me on the road...see Harold and Kumar.

I find that whisky, especially Scotch whisky, acts like a stimulant for me. I usually drift off about 10 pm each night. But when I dram it's not hard to make it to 2-3 am. Of course as soon as I stop dramming :dead: .

Wine, beer and other alcohol (seeing as you can't count wine and beer as alcohol) have the opposite affect. After an hour or two I start to get very sleepy. :sleep:
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby Scotched » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:40 pm

I used to be quite a nasty drunk ,Occasionally getting into fights when I was younger but I've mellowed somewhat. These days although I can get very argumentative about nothing, I usually fall asleep before I have time to get aggressive... :sleep:
Scotched

Postby pmullin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:46 am

You need a third option: Sleepy Drunk. :sleep: :dead:

I just want to find somewhere to pass out a sleep it off blissfully - although I very rarely get to that stage in my "middle years".
pmullin
Bronze Member

Postby r900p » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:09 am

I'm happy with whisky, but other not so, tequila makes me mad, sambuca make my girlfriend mental. But as she's now drinking whisky too, its making me mad, she doesn't like the blends or bourbon and only drinks the malts.

Rob
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby martin grant » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:50 am

Not often that I end up drunk, but if I do I just fall asleep. Guaranteed to wake up in the middle of the night for an hour or two before I can get back to the land of nod. When I do wake up in the morning, I rarely have a hangover, just feel very very tired.

I do enjoy a glass or two but usually try and stop before the drunk feeling starts.
martin grant
Gold Member

Postby TreacleSponge » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Definitely a happy drunk. And when I manage to get drunk, which is very rare now, I think I’m really interesting, witty and amusing, and so is anyone around me.

I’m even happier on anything fizzy - sparkling wine or champagne makes me a nicer sort of drunk. And if I’ve been on gin I don’t appear drunk at all until my neck loses the ability to keep my head upright.
:?
TreacleSponge
Gold Member

Postby Sherried Malt » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:35 pm

Definitely happy but I'm rarely drunk. The hangovers the next morning are just not worth it... I get pretty happy with just a few drinks, so that's good too. :)
Sherried Malt
Double Gold Member

Postby Quaichuser » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:16 am

From the looks of the results we have a lot of happy drunks in the forum.
I've been told I just get more mellow when I've had a few.
Although most of my friends tell me they don't know when I'm drunk.

Not sure how that reflects on me when I'm sober though. :lol:
Quaichuser
Bronze Member

Postby LeoDLion » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:27 pm

I would have a drink before dinner watching tv. Then another dram during dinner and that will be just about it.

I get drunk when I was young. But I dont remember being drunk in a long long time.

Now when drinking with friends and imbibing more than usual like in a party, I still maintain my equanimity perhaps in a more boisterous way. :D
LeoDLion
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:35 am

The Boisterous Equanimity would be a cool name for a band.
Deactivated Member

Postby bond » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:09 am

Given that we all claim to be happy drunks, dunno if this question is better answered by spouses, significant others and friends
bond
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:22 am

Now that I think of it, there's no option for "I don't remember."
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder