Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

St Patrick's Day celebrations

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

How do you propose to celebrate St. Patricks' Day on March 17?

Chase all the snakes out of my backyard and then drink Whisky 'til the wee hours.
11%
Get my wife/husband to chase all the snakes out of our backyard and then drink Whisky 'til the wee hours.
No votes
Put on a decent suit and go out to celebrate with whisky and a good dinner.
5%
Sit at home and after a good home cooked meal, dram in his honour.
16%
Celebrate as I see fit with a good bottle of Irish whisky.
21%
Drink green beer at the pub with my mates and get a right good p_ _ _ up going!
No votes
Well, let me tell you....
47%

Total votes : 19

Postby hpulley » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:42 am

MrTattieHeid wrote:Everybody knows you're Hairy.

That's nothing ;) Up until a few years ago (hmm, might be more than a few now) I had not cut my hair for 10 years! I trimmed the beard from time to time but it got much longer than in the above photo. I used to smoke a pipe too; now where'd I leave my battleaxe??? Must be back in Moria, roaring fires, malt beer, red meat off the bone... ahh, must figure out that distillation thing :lol:

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:48 am

I think that must be Frodo in the front--that's the short one. That means Wendy is....

:oops: Never should have started down that road!
Deactivated Member

Postby Wendy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:23 am

Peace, man.
Wendy
Gold Member

Frodo

Postby Muskrat Portage » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:05 am

Chris:
Okay, now I get the reference. You must have had far too much of the Ent draughts , more than Merry or Pippin....and here I was thinking for all these years that JRR had a vivid imagination.

Peter
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:06 pm

Wendy wrote:........... the Irish line-up, these were the offerings:
Redbreast 15 yo, Greenore 8 yo, Tryconnell, Old Bushmills 16 yo, Tullamore Dew Heritage, Jameson (no age statement)

I like them all! But, my favourites of the night (and the only two that were also cracked open by Harry and Frodo) have to be the first two topping the list. The Greenore 8 yo is a lovely, soft grain whiskey. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is exploring grain whiskies.

Cheers,
Wendy

Sounded like a great night ... a nice line up and a very diverse line up at the same time for an Irish night.

Muskrat Portage wrote:Wendy, Frodo, Harry et al:
Glad that many of us are planning some form of celebration of this day. I'm in the throes of a Connemara CS 58.6 abv at present, having enjoyed a Greenore 8 yo; Tyrconnell 40% and a Connemara Peated SM 40% prior.

One more dram and it's off to dreamland.
Muskrat

Well MR that was a fair toast to auld Paddy himself I congratulate you on you dedication :wink:
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Wendy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:40 pm

Thank you, Adrian. Anytime the three of us get the chance to hang out together, I know it is going to be a wonderful time. This was our second anniversary of an Irish whiskey tasting at my house. Each year, I have tried to have at least one new or hard to get Irish whiskey for the lads to try. Last year was Redbreast 15 and this year was Greenore 8 yo. Over this next year, I am going to try to add a couple of more Irish gems to the lot. I have only scratched the surface with Irish Whiskey and feel quite envious when I read about the difference age statements (to name a few) with the likes of Tryconnell and the upcoming new releases of Greenore as well as brand spanking new bottlings like Kilbeggan, etc that are out of my reach. It does however make it feel quite special when I do have something new to offer.

Take care,
Wendy
Wendy
Gold Member

Postby fergusa » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:04 pm

I DID spend it drinking the black stuff in a bar in Dublin on Temple Bar, things deterierated when we started to play drinking games but soon picked up again as the entire ex Brive Rugby team joined in, including frech star Chrisptophe La Maison, many pints were sunk and the whole pub cheered us on...at the end of the game I left with my mates and the rugby team decided they wanted us to take them on to other places...it was a VERY heavy night...5am
fergusa

Previous

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder