Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Malt for music? Or vice versa?

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

How do you match music and malt?

I choose my malt because it fits the music I'm playing
No votes
I choose the music after I have chosen the malt
19%
They are completely separate concepts and the choices are not related
31%
This is the same as the malt-for-your-mood question
25%
None of the above
25%

Total votes : 16

Re: Malt for music? Or vice versa?

Postby woodhill » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:27 am

I mainly only have time to listen to music when I'm driving so.......................................................... :lol:

thats me out of this conversation.
woodhill
Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:39 am

lawschooldrunk wrote:...the chicken or the egg?

The chicken definetly was first.

My whisky selection has nothing to do with the music I'm playing. As I don't choose whisky out of which mood I'm in. Rather it's what taste I fancy.
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:16 am

Hmmmm, this is quite interesting as it made me think what I do.
I have chosen "none of the above" after an initial feeling that I may choose "not related" because I realised that what I drink and what I listen to depend upon my mood, not on each other.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Reggaeblues » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:04 am

I don't relate the two. I listen/play what/when i feel like. i drink what/when I feel like.

In my world music and whisky often meet, but randomly...
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby randall fairbrook » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:12 am

i have noticed before that i go for long periods without purposefully listening to music all the time..and i only notice that when i put on a cd and go ...wow..i forgot how good that song was..and i start listening to music and making mixes again.....

as for the drink...i cannot drink when i have a headache...but have before drank when i felt sad..i really try not to do too much of that anymore...when your mind is on something else enough to make you real sad then you are not paying attention to what you are drinking and not fully enjoying it...of course this mattered not when i was still drinking natural ice and jack.......

some good songs, in my opinion, for some good drinks...

hotel california - the live longer version on hell freezes over (the eagles) - a nice bourbon..elijah craig 12....

pink, orange red
pearly dewdrops drop - the long version
both by the cocteau twins....they are from scotland...beautiful luscious music with lyrics not of any world...kinda like trying to explain a dram that is so wonderful that words fail you... - i have no perfect dram for this yet but lagavulin 16 does just fine....

charlemagne palestine - strumming music - an 11 minute piece of drone music....piano..brings to mind wide spaces near water....open the window later in the evening and pour a nice laph 10 and relax......

stormy weather - charles mingus with eric dolphy (the version from in a soulful mood)...so soulful....with ardbeg 10....

otis redding - amen/i want to thank you/for your precious love/you don't miss your water/pain in my heart...well..pretty much most any otis.......bourbon music...i break out the george stagg and water...

there is so much more....
randall fairbrook
Gold Member

Postby jruddy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:01 pm

les taylor wrote:
lawschooldrunk wrote:...the chicken or the egg?

The chicken definetly was first.

Not unless you support creationist theory, in which case I stand correted.
There was once an animal that was almost a chicken. It layed an egg. The cells in the egg mutated in some way to create a slightly different creature. The continued over a couple of ages and eventually we had what we would call a modern chicken hatching from an egg from parents that weren't modern chickens... or at least that's my take on it..

:dead:
jruddy

Postby TheLaddie » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:13 am

What sort of mood I am in tends not to affect what sort of whisky I go for. As I think I have said elsewhere I try to avoid my favourite tipple when I am unhappy and rarely drink alcohol at all if I'm in a bad mood. I tend to have different drams if I am going to have more than one so the choice of malt varies wheras with music I'm more likely to stick with one genre for the evening.

Music is a different matter where if you know me well enough you can pretty much tell what sort of mood I'm in by what is coming out of the iPod. I've known my secretary open the door to my office and walk straight back out again on hearing Rage Against the Machine or Mastodon.
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby jazz lover » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:51 pm

A Complex, Paradoxical question
for Complex Individuals... :idea:
jazz lover
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder