Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

For Women Members: Are you comfortable posting/participating

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Are you comfortable posting/participating in the forum?

Yes, I feel totally comfortable
86%
Somewhat, I find it a bit challenging to feel comfortable at times
No votes
Neutral-at times comfortable, at times not comfortable
No votes
Somewhat not comfortable, I find it challening at times to feel comfortable
No votes
Uncomfortable-Much of what happens on the board makes me uncomfortable
14%

Total votes : 7

Re: For Women Members: Are you comfortable posting/participating

Postby Mr Fjeld » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:56 am

les taylor wrote:You mean like King Fjeld. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Haha that's just great Les!!!
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:33 pm

I never considered this forum overly blokey and I think this is down to the wide diaspora of countries being represented by forum members. And because of that we all try to be aware of peoples cultural differences whether we realise or not.

However plenty of Blokey conversations do go on and messing and slagging off. It would be interesting to know if these conversations annoy, put off, irritate or make our female members uncomfortable.
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby Thesh » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:39 am

I used to belong to a forum that was pretty much dedicated to technology (until I was banned for not adapting to the change in moderator quantity and strictness), and it was amazing how women were treated. There were so few on that forum, and most of them were treated like no one ever saw a woman before. I guess that's why there weren't many women.

People here seem much better, though... Probably because they are on average 20-30 years older. I'm one of the few mature people my age (mature, another word for uptight and boring).
Thesh
Bronze Member

Postby adab » Thu May 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a woman and I'm new to this site. I'm working on a book chapter about women and whiskey and I found this poll interesting. I'd love to hear more stories, impressions, insights from both men and women about how the whiskey industry is changing (if it's changing), how women feel in the world of whiskey, how men peceive women in the world of whiskey, etc. I recently went to a whiskey conference where it was very clear that women are still largely left out of the market. On the other hand I know there has been quite a bit of change from the way things were a few decades ago. Just trying to get a sense of to what extent things have changed and why they haven't changed more to include larger numbers of women.
Thanks for any information you can give me. If you fee uncomfortable posting to the site, please email me at adab@mit.edu.

Thanks!
adab

Postby Di Blasi » Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm

adab wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm a woman and I'm new to this site. I'm working on a book chapter about women and whiskey and I found this poll interesting. I'd love to hear more stories, impressions, insights from both men and women about how the whiskey industry is changing (if it's changing), how women feel in the world of whiskey, how men peceive women in the world of whiskey, etc. I recently went to a whiskey conference where it was very clear that women are still largely left out of the market. On the other hand I know there has been quite a bit of change from the way things were a few decades ago. Just trying to get a sense of to what extent things have changed and why they haven't changed more to include larger numbers of women.
Thanks for any information you can give me. If you fee uncomfortable posting to the site, please email me at adab@mit.edu.

Thanks!

Hi adab, and welcome! Nice to have you with us and hear about your book chapter. I admire, respect, support and love women in the whisky industry, I think it's fantastic as whisky shouldn't be just for men, how boring! Whisky is for people that appreciate fine things, quality products, period. And it's scientifically proven women have better palettes than men so we can use their help to make it the best possible, and also teach us how to enjoy it more! Ignorance, stupidity, arrogance etc are what keeps women out and uncomfortable perhaps. And the men that shun women drinkers or staff, shame on them. Again, welcome, and good luck, looking forward to your chapter!
Di Blasi

Postby champa s » Fri May 02, 2008 8:22 am

And why on the earth should i not feel comfortable about posting or participating here? Just because i am a female? :roll: ridiculous!
what has gender to do with whisky and expressing yourself about the drink?

:)

champa s
champa s

Postby Di Blasi » Fri May 02, 2008 10:35 am

champa s wrote:And why on the earth should i not feel comfortable about posting or participating here? Just because i am a female? :roll: ridiculous!

champa s

Bingo! Well put champa s, and welcome to the forums!!!!!
Di Blasi

Postby Ryguy » Fri May 02, 2008 1:20 pm

champa s wrote:And why on the earth should i not feel comfortable about posting or participating here? Just because i am a female? :roll: ridiculous!
champa s

http://www.whiskycircle.com/

champa s, Welcome to the forums!!

I think it's great hearing and chatting about whiskey with both men and woman. In fact the women I know that enjoy whisky, can pick out more tastes and also have a better nose than I do. So I definitely enjoy what they have to say, and I'm always listening. There are more than a few woman members around here that actually post quite often. And I find their posts just as informative as anyone elses.

Cheers, Enjoy the forums!
Ryan
Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat May 03, 2008 9:19 am

SoMK wrote:Jeez, I go away for a few days and miss all the fun :wink:

MT & Treacle > Being brought up for a few years in Knaresborough, I adore your Yorkshire accents *melts*

Reet grand tha knows! :lol:
Deactivated Member

Previous

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder