Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Jameson 12 or Bushmills Black Bush

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Jameson 12 or Bushmills Black Bush

Jameson 12
38%
Black Bush
52%
Neither
10%

Total votes : 60

Re: Jameson 12 or Bushmills Black Bush

Postby The Third Dram » Sat May 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Go for the Jameson 12YO if you're seeking greater delicacy and 'refinement' (for lack of a better term).

Go for the Black Bush if you're looking for greater textural richness.

Then go for the Redbreast 12YO. :wink:
The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Postby Gearóidmuar » Sat May 23, 2009 9:40 pm

If you can get it, Green Spot is superb. Probably THE nicest Irish Whiskey and there are lots of great ones.
Gearóidmuar

Postby O'DubhGhaill » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:07 pm

hddyt wrote:Both are very good Irish blends. It depends on your mood. Jameson12 will have more of the traditional potstill character (spicier) and BB will have more of the single malt character. Why not buy both? For the $$, Power's is a very good value and beats both the regular Jameson and White Bush for taste. And definitely try the Redbreast 12YO. Awesome!

By the way, if you are into Irish whiskeys, you can purchase hard to find whiskeys (Powers 12 YO, Greenspot, etc.) from the Celtic Whiskey Shop located in Dublin. They have a great website and internet sales and ship to the US.

Slainte!

+1 all around and thanks very much for the lead on Celtic Whiskey Shop - I now have my source for Green Spot again!!!
O'DubhGhaill

Postby borgom » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:48 am

Wow, judging by the results I'll have to try Jameson 12. I love Black Bush so am I likely to love J12 too?
borgom
Gold Member

Postby Aidan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:54 am

They're very different, but have some similarities, I supose. Personally, I prefer the Jameson 12.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Gov » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 am

I still continue to prefer J12 over BB and infact, I think I may like it more than Redbreast 12! I consider J12 my overall favorite blended whiskey!
Gov
Gold Member

Postby cathach » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Heresy!!! You prefer it to Redbreast 12yo??
cathach
Silver Member

Postby Liechtenstein » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:31 pm

The Third Dram wrote:Go for the Jameson 12YO if you're seeking greater delicacy and 'refinement' (for lack of a better term).

Go for the Black Bush if you're looking for greater textural richness.

Then go for the Redbreast 12YO. :wink:

I agree with The Third Dram here.
Liechtenstein
Silver Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:10 pm

I have always maintained that the Jameson 12yo is the best place to start. You can't go wrong with it :thumbsup:
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Gearóidmuar » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:41 pm

It (Jammy 12 yo) was the first whiskey I tasted that I thought was sensational. One's taste varies from day to day, at least mine does, but when my taste is towards that, I absolutely love it. Other days I like a peaty Scotch, other days still a non-peaty Scotch. I've never liked an American whiskey yet, but time may change that. :iwbrnt:
Gearóidmuar

Postby SixCats! » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:38 am

Hi all,

Although I am somewhat of a "newbie", I have SERIOUSLY starting collecting (and drinking) both Irish Whiskey and Scotch Whisky. So far (Irish Whiskey wise) I have bought bottle(s) of POWERS,
JAMESON 12, BLACK BUSH, "THE IRISHMAN ORIGINAL CLAN" and REDBREAST. I have also sampled nips of BUSHMILLS ORIGINAL (White label) and KELLAN. Even though I finished my first bottle of Redbreast, I haven't yet opened my second bottle of the three I purchased (saving them for Fall) and thus, I haven't had a dram of Redbreast for over a month. That being said, I still believe REDBREAST would continue be my favorite Irish Whiskey. However, I've just finished my first bottle of BLACK BUSH and I am LOVING every drop of BLACK BUSH. I also have two more bottles of Black Bush waiting in the wings. Considering BLACK BUSH cost about $12.00 LESS than REDBREAST (here in New England) I'll be buying BLACK BUSH much more often as it represents a fine value. The other night, I cracked opened my first bottle of JAMESON 12 and surprise surprise, I very much enjoyed my first couple of drams of JAMESON 12. I have a second bottle of Jameson 12 stored away as well. I recently drove from Maine to NH to buy JAMESON 12 as it is priced a whopping $15.00 LESS expensive per bottle than Maine's OUTRAGOUS price (due to Maine State Tax). There is no State Tax in NH.
I am also half way through my first bottle of "THE IRISHMAN". I recently purchased two more bottles of "THE IRISHMAN" and have stashed them away as well. I realize that I may have voted early for a "newbie" but,IMHO, between BLACK BUSH and JAMESON 12, I believe I prefer BLACK BUSH. However, let it be known far and wide that I think both BLACK BUSH and JAMESON 12 are OUTSTANDING Irish Whiskey. I don't think one is truly better than the other, just.....different! In fact, I enjoy each and every single bottle of Irish Whiskey I own least I'd not repeat buy. I believe the bottom line is, you've got to try them all and see what you prefer. It's a dangerous job but, somebody's got to do it!

Regards,
SixCats!
SixCats!

Postby Ronin9 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:48 pm

I voted for the Jameson 12. Mainly because it's more my style of whiskey. I always prefer the Bushmills 10 when I don't know what it is. I think it's a nice whiskey - I'd prefer it to the Blackbush, but most people are the other way, I think.
Ronin9

Previous

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder