Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Scotch Malt Whisky Society - 24th January - 7pm GMT

The Scotch Malt Whisky Society - 24th January - 7pm GMT

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Welcome to The Scotch Malt Whisky Society Live Forum Tasting .

The Whiskies
  • Any SMWS Bottling !

Date and Time
  • Saturday 24th January 7:00pm GMT

Handy Links

Start time - 7:00pm GMT

About...
For those of you who do not know what these are about, they run for generally 12+ hours and we all sit down (at various times) to taste a range of whiskies and share our notes and comments on the forum. Have a look in the Live Tasting forum for past events.

They are a great way to meet people on the forum, chat about your experiences and learn something new about the whiskies you have, and we all end up having a good time.

Please feel free to join in and post any comments or tasting notes you have. Tasting notes can be added using the Tasting Note tab on the postings page. (Note, the Age field on the tasting must be a number such as 7,9,10,18)

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday evening...
Last edited by Spirit of Islay on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Re: The Scotch Malt Whisky Society - 24th January - 7pm GMT

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:14 pm

May as well start the Thread off with a report of last nights Society Alternative Burns Night Tasting in Newcastle.......

The First Society Tasting of the year was the Alternative Burns Night Tasting . We had a new Venue in Newcastle for this tasting , the Northern Counties Club , Very nice place . I was expecting Haggis , Neeps and Tatties but we got a full Menu served over a few of the drams......

• Starter.....Cullen Skink with Crusty Bread .
  • Main Course.....Pot Roast of Free Range Chicken Breast , Confit of Leg , Haggis Croquette , Swede Puree .
  • Coffee

Our Hosts for the Evening was once again The North of England Society Ambassador John Kirk and his Wife . Throughout the evening john encouraged people to recite Burns , a few took up the challenge and did so really well ! Now onto the whiskies for the night......

First up was a Lowland , 25.46 (Rosebank , 16yo , 56.1% , 228 Bottles) , Pale Chardonnay in Colour , the Nose was very lowlanderish , Hay and Fresh Cut Meadows . The Palate again was typical lowlander but spicy . The finish was long and spicy . A Very nice way to start the evening for a 16yo the malt was still quite spirity and remarkably spicy .

Next a long was a young North Highlander 26.60 (Clynelish , 9yo , 60.1% , 241 Bottles ) , This one was slightly darker in Colour , A fresh Straw ! This one was very strong and needed a wee drop of water to open it up......Nose.....(F.S.)Lemon Drizzle Cake (W.W.) Very Maritimey and Salty . The Palate at F.S. was sweet.....Confectioners sugar , W.W. it was Apple Strudel and Custard . The finish was Long and Spicy , Not a bad dram but definitely prefer my Clynelishes older !

The Third Dram was an Ardmore ( Speyside Deveron , 10yo , 58.7% , 802 Bottles ) , This was a light amber in Colour , i should have paid more attention to how it had been casked but i'm sure John said it had been reracked into a QuarterCask but whether it was sherry to Bourbon or Vice versa i can't remember . The nose wasn't too bad , Smoke , Burnt Marmalade and Orange . But the palate was over loaded , in my opinion , with Sulphur but had a bit of Burnt Marmalade . I tried drowning it with water but the sulphur was still predominant but out came Fishermans Friend and Cinder Toffee . The finish was Long and Sulphur . A very Disappointing Ardmore , the sulphur totally spoilt it .

For the penultimate Dram we went to Campbeltown for a 27.71 (Springbank , 11yo , 59.4% , 221 Bottles ) , Gold in Colour , this , to me , was a very strange Springbank . If i'd had this blind i would have said Glen Scotia ! The Nose was weak TCP , Smoke and cool Mint ( Menthol ?) . The palate was very Cough Sweets / Fishermans Friends . it had a long , dry , Menthol Finish . As i said a very strange Springbank......

Lastly we had an Islay , a bit of a treat for some , A Peated Bunnahabhain ( 10.63 , 11yo , 59.4% , 221 Bottles ) , this is the 3rd Peated Bunnie i've had from the Society , seems they must have bought a nice Packet of them ! Pale Straw in Colour , a Typical young peated Islay on the nose....Iodine , TCP and Ash trays . The Palate was Peat ! Peat , smoke and TCP . The Finish was Long , Sweet and Medicinal . A really good peated Bunnahabhain , i'd put it up against a young South Shore and Caol Ila anytime .

Another good night in the company of some Society Malts , Excellent Food and all for £30 ! Came away with a 10.63 BTW.....
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Ok Sorted out the Bottles for Tonight .
Tonight we are joined By Nick (nicksmws) who is the Assistant Venue Manager of The Vaults , he'll be with us for the first part of the Evening , feel free to ask any questions relating to The SMWS , SMWS membership , SMWS Bottles , anything to do with the SMWS ! Feel free to ask .
Rich , who won't be on till later asks......

I can't say that I've noticed any discernible difference in the quality of the casks received between the US and the UK. Does the Society select casks for various world regions based on a taste profile or is it more along the lines that the Society chooses a cask and then it goes to the area in need of a new bottling for that distillery?
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby nicksmws » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Spirit of Islay wrote:Ok Sorted out the Bottles for Tonight .
Tonight we are joined By Nick (nicksmws) who is the Assistant Venue Manager of The Vaults , he'll be with us for the first part of the Evening , feel free to ask any questions relating to The SMWS , SMWS membership , SMWS Bottles , anything to do with the SMWS ! Feel free to ask .
Rich , who won't be on till later asks......

I can't say that I've noticed any discernible difference in the quality of the casks received between the US and the UK. Does the Society select casks for various world regions based on a taste profile or is it more along the lines that the Society chooses a cask and then it goes to the area in need of a new bottling for that distillery?

The US branch works slightly differnetly in that we bottle 75cl bottles specifically for them. This means that bottle whole casks for the US meaning that they get casks that will not see the UK until after the US has sent the unslod bottles back to us. We will then use them for our Members Room - The Vaults, 28 Queen Street and 19 Greville - or for our programme of Members Tastings around the country.
We bottle on the basis that the whisky has passed our Tasting Panel and their strict guidelines. What happens to each cask after that is up to our Whisky Manager. He may deem that the US needs certain whisky looking at what sells nad what doesn't. He may decide that the US is lacking in a particular style or indeed he may be fulfilling the wish list off the US branch owners. There is no difference in the quality of the casks bottled for any SMWS international branch. Every single SMWS bottling has passed the Tasting Panel. Obviously each bottling may suit some palates and not others and you may disagree with the Panels choice but that is what the SMWS is all about.
I hope that answers the question Rich.
nicksmws

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Ok First one of the Night , an old bottling......

Distillery - St Magdalene
Region - Lowland
Expression - 49.11
Year – 1975
Age – 24yo
ABV - 50.1%
Colour - Bright Gold
Nose – at first there were the lowland characteristics (hay , cut meadows , Lemon etc) but then came Coffee and Cream and Dark Chocolate .
Palate - Really Dry , Lemon , slight Coffee , but always dry .
Finish - Long , Dry citric .
Comments - Distilled June 1975 , Bottled Feb 2000 . Really interesting Lowlander , for a low ABV still has a bit bite to it .
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby nicksmws » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:53 pm

I know I'm early but I've been sitting here with this fantastic dram of 64.17
16 yo, 54.7% abv from a refill barrel.
It is so fresh at FS with wonderful aromas of vanilla, clean linen, white peach and something akin to freashly shelled peas. To taste FS that vanilla has evolved into good quality milk chocolate with a slight nutty oilyness.
WW (and it takes a fair bit) the white peach has become slightly baked with a vanilla syrup. The nuttyiness is still there but hte fresh peas have come back.
Wonderful.
Perfect wee dram to start the evening off :thumbsup:
This is from the current Outturn and I got it last week. I may be in need of a new bottle soon :empty: :D
nicksmws

Postby nicksmws » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:54 pm

49.11?!
R U showing off Gordon?? Lucky chap eh?
That sounds quite typical of what I know of St Magdelene - the usual Lowland fresh, citric, aldehydic notes but with an added depth nad richness now sadly lost.
Enjoy.
Last edited by nicksmws on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicksmws

Postby Gilles Deleuze » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Nick, I'll be doing a tasting when it's slightly more socially acceptable to drink in the US! :D

But I did have a question, now that I think of it. I'll be moving to France next fall--is there any way I can temporarily transfer my membership to the French chapter of the Society, and then transfer back to the American chapter the following year?

It's more of a technical question, but I thought I'd ask while I have you here. :thumbsup:
Gilles Deleuze
Bronze Member

Postby nicksmws » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Gilles Deleuze wrote:Nick, I'll be doing a tasting when it's slightly more socially acceptable to drink in the US! :D

But I did have a question, now that I think of it. I'll be moving to France next fall--is there any way I can temporarily transfer my membership to the French chapter of the Society, and then transfer back to the American chapter the following year?

It's more of a technical question, but I thought I'd ask while I have you here. :thumbsup:

Hi,
The international branches operate independently from the UK so that would be something to discuss with them.
The only way that I can think of would be to change your address from your US one to your new one in France. How long are you in France for? As an SMWS member you are able to buy bottlings at any of the branches and attend any of the tastings. If you are in France for less than a year I would suggest that you simply ask the US branch to stop any mailings you may recieve (maybe opt for email notification) and ask the French branch to send you their botting lists.
I would contact the 2 branches direct via our website.
Hope that helps.
nicksmws

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Distillery - Glenmorangie
Region - Highland Northern
Expression - 125.13
Year – 1995
Age – 12yo
ABV - 55.9%
Colour - Gold
Nose – Strong Vanilla , Buttery , creamy .
Palate - Loaded with Vanilla , Fruity (Apples but in a tart....) , a bit of spices ?
Finish - Long , vanilla and spicy .
Comments - Distilled June 1995 , Bottled April 2008 . Cracking Glenmo , then again all the Society Glenmo's have been from good to Excellent !
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Whisky Angel » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Here we go...
Distillery - Craigellachie
Region - Speyside
Expression - 44.37
Year – 1999
Age – 8yo
ABV - 61%
Nose – lots of sherry with caramel and hints of dark chocolate
Palate - sherry, oranges and chocolate
Finish - long, chewy and malty
Comments - This is a real grower - it's youth is obvious on first tasting but when you get under the skin there is lot of flavour
Last edited by Whisky Angel on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whisky Angel

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi Whisky Angel ,
Welcome to the tasting , just one question , is that a Craigellachie (44.37) 0r indeed a Cragganmore (37.44) ?
Last edited by Spirit of Islay on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Gilles Deleuze » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:35 pm

nicksmws wrote:Hi,
The international branches operate independently from the UK so that would be something to discuss with them.
The only way that I can think of would be to change your address from your US one to your new one in France. How long are you in France for? As an SMWS member you are able to buy bottlings at any of the branches and attend any of the tastings. If you are in France for less than a year I would suggest that you simply ask the US branch to stop any mailings you may recieve (maybe opt for email notification) and ask the French branch to send you their botting lists.
I would contact the 2 branches direct via our website.
Hope that helps.

Nick, that helps a bunch, thanks! I'll be there for a year, but I'll contact the French society and ask them what I can do. I'm sure I'm not the first person to be in this position.

And SOI, thanks again for organizing this! Can't wait to do a tasting in just a little while... :thumbsup:
Gilles Deleuze
Bronze Member

Postby Ganga » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Well hello there from not so sunny southern California. First, I'd like to thank Nick for the answer to my question. :thumbsup: Your statement makes the most sense. Otherwise the panel would end up making too many passes because of the different worldwide areas.

I'm starting off with a little 25.45. :D
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby Whisky Angel » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Distillery - Bladnoch
Region - Lowlands
Expression - 50.34
Year – 1992
Age – 15yo
ABV - 55.8%
Nose – light, grassy and fruity (green apples and grapes)
Palate - the malt and fruit really come across in the taste and there is a hint of pepper too
Finish - finish is quite long and becomes very malty
Comments - pretty good balance and quite a typical Bladnoch
Whisky Angel

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Distillery - Brora
Region - Highland Northern
Expression - 61.15
Year – 1977
Age – 26yo
ABV - 54.8%
Colour - Bright Gold
Nose – Wow ! Really nose hair tingling , Iodine , smoke , real Maritime . It's says what it does on the label "Bonfire on a Shingle Beach" .
Palate - Really Iodiney and smoky on the palate , also Marmalade , infact everything you could hope for in a Brora
Finish - Incredibly long and iodiney , very , very Warming .
Comments - Distilled Feb 1977 , Bottled March 2003 . This for a later 1970's Brora is very akin to Early 1970's Broras , a really fine example of that distillery !
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Whisky Angel » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:46 pm

Spirit of Islay wrote:Hi Whisky Angel ,
Welcome to the tasting , just one question , is that a Craigellachie (44.37) 0r indeed a Cragganmore (37.44) ?

Whoops my mistake - I have read the label wrong since having it! It is the Craigellachie. I will amend the post.

Thanks SOI
Whisky Angel

Postby nicksmws » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:47 pm

58.1% abv
dist Nov 88
bottled june 08
19 year old
sherry butt

Nose:rich, meaty, oily/waxy notes with a slight underlying spicyiness,and slight vinegar, something like a pickled veg perhaps, could be gherkin or sauerkraut.

Taste:that meatyiness is prominent with notes of rye bread, with a lovely salty tang that brings it all together. Very smooth, reminiscent of DOB but with more depth.

Nose WW:that meaty character has developed into pastrami. I remember this so vividly from the Panel. The waxy notes are back. There is no sulphur thank goodness :D

Taste WW:the smothness is there and now there is a slight heathery smoke as to be expected fro mthe make. There is a richness that coats the mouth and makes this an incredible dram IMHO.

I missed out on getting a bottle first time round but luckily got one recently after we managed to get our hands on a few more bottles. :D
nicksmws

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Glad to see we're getting a good cross section of distilleries , people just think i buy Islays so the next one will be a big shock for some people.....
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ganga » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Could that be related to your sig, Gordon? :P
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby Ganga » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:00 pm

53.5%
16 yo
Cadenhead glass

Colo(u)r: light straw
Nose: At first it reminds me of antiseptics which is strange because I've never encountered it before in this whisky. This dissapates and becomes a mown wheat field with just a touch of cocoa. Several minutes later...gristy, lots of cocoa, lots of floral notes-late spring in a meadow.
Palate: lemon zest mixed with barley flower, bitter chocolates, dry grasses
Finish: zesty and chocolate cream of wheat

Water mellows the nose but the grist becomes more like raw durum.

Class whisky! :thumbsup:
Last edited by Ganga on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Here Goes.....

Distillery - Springbank
Region - Campbeltown
Expression - 27.52
Year – 1989
Age – 14yo
ABV - 46.7%
Colour - Ruby
Nose – A glass full of Dark Fruits , Blackberries , Black Currants , prunes , Raisins , a bit of smoke and Malt ?
Palate - Again lots of Dark fruits and a bit Menthol (Mint) ? or possibly cough sweets ?
Finish - Long , fruity and cough sweets ? Can't quite work out the final bit.....
Comments - Distilled March 1989 , Bottled Nov 2003 . Can't remember whether this was matured or just finished in a Port Pipe . Got this at a tasting at St James Park when Stephen Marshall hosted , Mel really liked it . Not a bad Springer as Springers go.....
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ryguy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking the time to come out Nick and answer our questions. I have just a couple that I can think of right now.

How many casks does the SMWS turn away, before actually choosing to bottle one? And does the decision have to be unanimous amongst the panel, before the decision is made?
Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Postby Whisky Angel » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Distillery - Dalmore
Region - Highlands
Expression - 13.42
Year – 1996
Age – 11yo
ABV - 62.5%
Nose – lots of sulphur but also light sherry and digestive biscuits
Palate - sulphur (matches) really comes across but there is a lot of power too with bitter oranges and hints of blackberries
Finish - quite long becomes a fusion of grapes and sulphur
Comments - a real challenge, surprisingly not spoilt by the sulphur but probably not for everyone
Whisky Angel

Postby Ganga » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:17 pm

Does anyone else suffer from mouth-watering while reading other people's notes? Springer really sounds attractive to me as I've started coming round to ports now. Also, I've always had a soft spot for Dalmore.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby nicksmws » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Ok my last one for just now as I've got to go and get ready for a nigth on the town.
I must say that this has been the best start to a night out I think that I've ever had. Very civilised.

18 years
53.7% abv
Distilled Nov 89
Bottled April 08
Refill Butt

FS nose: rich, deep, meaty, creamy, a touch of sulphur but not unpleasant, bags of smoke with a wonderful underlying sweetness anda definite maritime note. There is a whiff of coffee and seaweed.

FS taste: it doesn't disappoint. Smoked fish, rich creamy mouthfeel with a slight wamring spice finish. It is smooth and sweet yet smoky and meaty. I don't want to add water but I feel I should.

WW nose: only a little water is needed. The first impressions are a slightly diluted dram with the remenants of last nights beach bonfire. The coffee notes have gone but the smoke still remains. The meaty notes have now become smoked fish - mackeral or sardines on burnt toast as the oilyness is huge.

WW taste: still deep and creamy but the mouthfeel is nothing like as rich and full as it was at FS. I remember this being the case now. The smoked fish and seaweed are still there but the sweetness is almost gone. I will remember not to add water next time.

A great example of how the cask type can really alter the whisky so significantly. The orginal make is still there but it is lurking beneath such depth nad richness that it was hard to find. The antispetic quality of the make is no presnet at all.

That is me off I'm afraid folks. Please keep posting and any questions you have I'll answer thme next time I'm on.

Enjoy the rest of the night/day and I'll be back on soon.

:angel: Slainte Mhah.

PS Hope you all have a great day tomorrow nad lift a glass in memory of the Bard.
nicksmws

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:20 pm

yeah Rich know what you mean ! Even worse if you can't pour while others are dramming ! :D

Goodnight Nick , thanks for coming on , speak soon !
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:21 pm

Distillery - Talisker
Region - Highland Island
Expression - 14.12
Year – 1989
Age – 15yo
ABV - 58.4%
Colour - Pale Gold
Nose – first is the peat then the pepperiness , Tarry , Also getting a touch of ripe Banana .
Palate - Wow incredibly peppery on the palate and Banoffee pie (?) where the hell did that come from ?
Finish - Very Long and Peppery with iodine as well .
Comments - Distilled March 1989 , Bottled July 2004 . This reminds me of Talisker of years gone by , the old Fire of the Cuillins !
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ganga » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:24 pm

A hearty thank you to Nick for joining us. Cheers.

Also would like to thank Gordon for his efforts in getting this one together.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby nicksmws » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:25 pm

Ryguy wrote:Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking the time to come out Nick and answer our questions. I have just a couple that I can think of right now.

How many casks does the SMWS turn away, before actually choosing to bottle one? And does the decision have to be unanimous amongst the panel, before the decision is made?

Hi,
Just saw your post and thought it rude notto answer.
We sample arond 350 casks a year and reject about 40%.
The decision does indeed have to be unanimous before we give the ok. If there are people who really dislike it they will be asked why but if they are in the minority and there are people who thinks that it is great then the decision will be up to our Whisky Manager.
If it is borderline then we will probably not bottle the cask as we need to maintain our standards nad make sure that every cask we bottle is of the quality that you our members expect.

Really must dash now. Enjoy the rest of the night guys. Keep the questions comingthough and I'll answer them oin my return. (Not tonight :dead: as that may prove dangerous but next time I'm on the forum.)
nicksmws

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Distillery - Macallan
Region - Speyside Spey
Expression - 24.67
Year – 1990
Age – 12yo
ABV - 54.7%
Colour - Pale Straw
Nose – Really Fruity (Green fruits) , Grapes , apples , Fresh cut Grass , Can't really get passed the fruit.....
Palate - Again bags of fruit , a little bit of pepper .
Finish - fairly light and flowery , not that long .
Comments - Distilled May 1990 , Bottled Aug 2002 . This was the first Non-sherried Mac i tried and it was disappointing , still is.....
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Whisky Angel » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Distillery - Bunnahabhain
Region - Islay
Expression - 10.62
Year – 1997
Age – 11yo
ABV - 56.8%
Nose – "Peat, Smoke and Spirit" comes to mind but balanced with some caramel notes
Palate - Obvious peat but lots of sugar candy sweetness and lemon (just a hint of rubber too)
Finish - long and the peat fades to malt and sugar
Comments - a good balanced version of peated Bunnahabhain
Whisky Angel

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Distillery - Aultmore
Region - Speyside Deveron
Expression - 73.9
Year – 1989
Age – 14yo
ABV - 58.6%
Colour - Pale Amber
Nose – Very Spirity , at first Freshly polished Furniture then a touch of "Vics" , then Christmas Cake .
Palate - Really spirity on the palate , with water it brings the dried fruits , Glace cherries , Christmas cake in it .
Finish - long and spirity but with water a smooth liquid fruit cake......
Comments - Distilled May 1989 , Bottled July 2003 . This was Mels Welcoming bottle when she joined , didn't like it then but it seems to have settled down since my last visit .
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Whisky Angel » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Distillery - Laphroaig
Region - Islay
Expression - 29.67
Year – 1991
Age – 16yo
ABV - 53.5%
Nose – Wow! Lovely blend of peat and rich toffee
Palate - Initial hit of real sweetness give way to the peat; then chocolate and sherry kick in
Finish - long, chewy and luxurious; finally gives way to a hint of apple
Comments - Quite stunning. Not quite as good as the OB 30 (not quite so balanced in the palate) but has lots of similar flavours
Whisky Angel

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:40 pm

Distillery - Glen Moray
Region - Speyside Lossie
Expression - 35.22
Year – 1998
Age – 10yo
ABV - 59.1%
Colour - Pale Gold
Nose – A beautiful nose of Apple pie , soft Vanilla and Custard . Also Digestive Biscuits .
Palate - Very creamy in the mouth , Digestive Biscuits , custard (homemade Vanilla...)
Finish - Very long with that Apple pie again.....
Comments - Distilled March 1998 , Bottled March 2008 . Changed my opinion of Glen Moray this one , all GM should be CS , makes one hell of a difference in my opinion.....
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Next

Return to Live Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder