Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Live Tasting - October 2012 - Orange and Black

Re: Live Tasting - October 2012 - Orange and Black

Postby AdamMY » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Ganga wrote:Being the month with Halloween, why don't we go with a color theme: orange/black. Choose your whiskies based on having one or the other color on the label. :lol:

If the font is black, is it fair game?
AdamMY
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby AdamMY » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 am

The Highland background is Orange. And the font color is black.

Color: Medium gold

Nose: Lots of black pepper, cream, and coconut. A hint of vanilla, and a touch of sugary sweetness.

Taste: Cream, black pepper, coconut, and some other tropical fruits I can't seem to identify right now.

Finish: Maple flavored icecream, with a touch of baileys on top.
AdamMY

Postby AdamMY » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:22 am

96-13 SV Glen Elgin Cask 2338

I consider that shiny band orange enough for this.

Glen Elgin, been awhile since I dug this one out of the back of the cabinet.

Color: Medium Yellow.

Nose: This is the Virgin oak cask, and I forgot how different it was than even the bourbon cask scotches. Nose is has a lot more wood, perhaps a touch of burnt toast, goot bit of sweetness. I sometimes even get wafts of stuff that remind me of bourbon, though no where near as strong or spicy.

Taste: Lots of oak and vanilla, but also good bit of coconut, and candy apples.

Finish: I always enjoy the finish on this one, candy apple, and spiced apple cider but rather sweet.
AdamMY

Postby AdamMY » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:29 am

Not a trace of orange, but the entire bottle/lable is black. you guessed it. Its the Laddie Infinity V3.

Color: Acorn brown.

Nose: The wine is the most apparent it has ever been, with hints of tawny port and olorosso sherry. Besides that a lot of warm spices and herbs, with a touch of brothyness to it. Still getting that odd sense of Salted and Smoked Fish.

Taste: Sweet spiced syrups, but again the wine is quite strong with this one. Sense of grapes, but a heck of a lot of spices, and brown sugar. Really having an odd time describing the most predominant taste, I honestly think it is a mix of the grapes, spices, and sugar, combining to give a dessert impression that relies heavily on rasins.

Finish: Initially it is a plethora of raisins and prunes, and other dried fruits, fading away slowly overy the course of 4-5 minutes.
AdamMY

Return to Live Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder