Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Glenlivet Tasting - 16th Nov 2007 - Part 1

Re: The Glenlivet Forum Tasting - 16th Nov 2007

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:20 am

A shame I missed the last one and probably won't be online too much tonight either.

In my last round of Gourmet evenings I used The Glenilivet French Oak twice; firstly with a duck breast dish, but secondly with a herb-crusted lamb dish - this was truly excellent and the French Oak was voted best whisky of the evening.

As I haven't worked out how to "quote" from one discussion to another, I am cutting & pasting a comment from my "Whisky & Food Combination" discussion ............ à la Les style:

Firstly, I will report that the Glenlivet French Oak was voted the best whisky of the evening.
As for the best whisky - food combination:
They were all brilliant, the Glenlivet and lamb was even better than the same Glenlivet with duck last time, which I wouldn't have believed, as that was also fantastic.
Matt - the 'erbs were not very powerful. The lamb had a mustard crust which contained some herbs, but the herbs were not prominent or overpowering which made the combination so good.
Deactivated Member

Re: The Glenlivet Forum Tasting - 16th Nov 2007

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:24 am

As a little aside for Ian,
At the moment there is no Glenlivet in my selection of (63) whiskies at my pub, but I intend to change this soon. I will probably add one of The Glenlivet special releases rather than a standard issue and I may well be using more Glenlivet in future tastings and Gourmet evenings.

So, Ian, if you have any spare Glenlivet promotional material, perhaps some leaflets or small brochures in English, I would appreciate a few if they could be sent to me in Germany.

Many thanks in advance,
MT
Deactivated Member

Re: The Glenlivet Tasting - 16th Nov 2007 - Part 1

Postby Ian Logan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:11 pm

Matt,

I have already sent a PM to MT(too may initials ) with some suggestions and what we can do on the way forward.
As for Glenlivet XXV in the US, it will be early next year when it goes on domestic release.
Ian Logan
Bronze Member

Re: The Glenlivet Tasting - 16th Nov 2007 - Part 1

Postby Matt2 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:15 pm

Thanks Ian, but in the wrong topic!
Updated the live tasting page, you will need to close it and go back in so it posts in the right topic.

:thumbsup:
Matt2

Previous

Return to Live Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder