Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Glenlivet Tasting - 23rd Nov 2007 - Part 2

Re: The Glenlivet Tasting - 23rd Nov 2007 - Part 2

Postby Matt2 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:24 am

The Nadurra I sent was at cask strength, 57 ish %. Glad you are enjoying them, I've got the 18 on my xmas list now - great stuff.
Matt2

Postby Ian Logan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Folks,

Remeber Nadurra is a batch product so in the same as A'bunadh will change slightly in strength from batch to batch. Its great news to hear(read) how many of you are enjoying Nadurra, the response not just here but in all the markets you get it in have been very positive.

Di Blasi,

Delighted that you enjoyed the samples, any questions please let me know.

Ian Logan
Ian Logan
Bronze Member

Postby Di Blasi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Thanks again Matt, and Ian Logan!! Yes, really enjoyed them all, and glad Matt's samples were so generous, I have enough of each for another enjoyable evening.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Leither » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Ian - re the Nadurra, I read on Serge's whiskyfun site today his review of this. (incidentally, I'd give the 18 quite a few points higher myself :thumbsup: )

I concur with his thoughts in it being akin to a good Lowlander such as Rosebank or Bladnoch - the phrase 'lemon sherbet' sums it up for me.

Anyway, the question I have is - is this 'lowlander' profile something the Nadurra is aiming for?
Leither
Gold Member

Postby woodhill » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Ian

Thanks for your insights on this thread.

Is the only difference between the Nadurra Duty Free 48% and the Nadurra Cask Strength, the addition of water?

Cheers
woodhill
Gold Member

Postby Ian Logan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Leither,

Its an interesting comment with regard to a goo lowlander but is something have never considered. The fact that we are using 100% first fill American lets the classic Glenlivet fruitness come through better than it would have with European.
The "lemon sherbet" is spot on as far as I am concerned especially on the finish for me, a lovely gentle fizziness on the back of the tongue. Lemon Sherbet gives the fruitiness of Glenlivet and the vanillin induced sweetmess of american wood.

Woodhill.
You are correct, the wood policy etc is exactly the same for both, just cut to 48% for Travel Retail.

Thank you again for your interest.

Ian
Ian Logan
Bronze Member

Previous

Return to Live Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder