Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Favourite Christmas Whisky (21st December)

Re: Favourite Christmas Whisky (21st December)

Postby Lawrence » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:22 am

Danny wrote:
clicker7 wrote:Tonight we will begin the evening with Highland Park 15 to warm us a bit, then move on to Aberlour 16 D. C., and finish the night with a dram or two of Talisker 18.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!

Joseph

Joseph, sounds like you had a good sampling on Christmas Day. I received a Aberlour 16 D.C. for Xmas. Have not opened it yet. How is it?

Danny, sorry to jump in but I have the Aberlour 16 DM and enjoy it greatly. Also can you send me some info on the CSN Festival?
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Danny » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:46 am

Lawrence wrote:
Danny, sorry to jump in but I have the Aberlour 16 DM and enjoy it greatly. Also can you send me some info on the CSN Festival?

Lawrence, glad you did. Thanks for the info. How are things in Victoria.

The CSN Festival is on February 27th, 7 to 9 PM. Cost is $50 per ticket. I talked to David last week and he thought they would have around 70 expressions there. There will be some prinicple reps and I think some local reps. I got the impression that David is hosting this one and wants to turn it into a bigger event next year.
Danny
Bronze Member

Postby clicker7 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:58 am

Joseph, sounds like you had a good sampling on Christmas Day. I received a Aberlour 16 D.C. for Xmas. Have not opened it yet. How is it?

Danny:

As Lawrence mentioned it is great! One of my favorites.

Nose: Very big -- sherry, fruits, honey, citrus, vanilla.
Palate: Full/ sweet, sugar/ fruits, sherry, vanilla/oak.

I love the 16 DC , I find it has more depth and complexity than the 12yr old (which is lovely also).

I think you will enjoy it..

Joseph
Last edited by clicker7 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
clicker7
Silver Member

Postby Di Blasi » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:03 am

Tonight was my evening of nice whisky tasting and drinking at a friend's, but I'll report tomorrow what I was lucky to enjoy.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:54 am

Danny wrote:
Lawrence wrote:

Lawrence, glad you did. Thanks for the info. How are things in Victoria.

The CSN Festival is on February 27th, 7 to 9 PM. Cost is $50 per ticket. I talked to David last week and he thought they would have around 70 expressions there. There will be some prinicple reps and I think some local reps. I got the impression that David is hosting this one and wants to turn it into a bigger event next year.

Hi Danny, thanks for the information. I doubt if I will be able to attend this year but you never know.......
Lawrence
Matured cask

Previous

Return to Live Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder