Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Multi-Day Live Tasting

Multi-Day Live Tasting

Postby Ganga » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:02 am

It has been recommended to make the Live Tasting occur over two days. I responded that we should discuss this before the September Live Tasting voting.

So what do we want? One specific day? Two consecutive days? Two days that are not necessarily consecutive?
Ganga
Matured cask

Re: Multi-Day Live Tasting

Postby les taylor » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:44 am

Like Nick, I think it's already spread over a couple of days for those that can't make it on the night. It would lose it's impact. Also the guests would probably only want to do one sitting. I'd say keep it as it is.
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby TheTross » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:56 am

I say keep it to one day as well. It's impossible to get the date right for every member that wants to take part, so those that can't makes it on a certain date will just miss that tasting and hopefully be around for the next one. Stretching it out over two or more days makes the 'live' aspect to it redundant, simply turning it into a 'Post your notes for x distilllery here' thread.

I like the live feel to it, it somehow makes it seem like you're down the pub with the others taking part, rather than just tacking notes onto the end as and when you can - which is fine from an opinion-sharing point of view and which I've done several times now, but it's just not the same as being there on the day.

So yes, keep it to the one date for me please!
TheTross
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:58 am

As has been pointed out, Matt often gets distillery guests to join in the tastings and I doubt they would be able to join for two full days.

I also think the current system of 1 (main) day is fine, with those of us who can't make the main day joining ASAP afterwards.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Dram fine idea » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 pm

I agree with the comments above. One date is good for inviting a distillery guest and creating a 'live' feel, with the thread being left open for comments to be posted later by those members who can not contribute on the night.
Dram fine idea
Bronze Member

Postby Ganga » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:42 pm

Ok, we shall continue forward with the current format.

Thank you all for commenting. :thumbsup:
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Live Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder