Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Anyone Tried Arran 12yo?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Anyone Tried Arran 12yo?

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:20 pm

If so, whatcha fink?
Deactivated Member

Re: Anyone Tried Arran 12yo?

Postby laddie teun » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:02 pm

tried it last month
quite liked it, but nothing spectacular. But Arran is maturing well
laddie teun
Bronze Member

Postby MoreDalmore » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:13 pm

I tried it a few months ago and quite liked it!!

I tried the 10 so many months ago that I don't really recal it that well. In fact I bought it because I liked the packaging back then and it was not that expensive !!

I know; a strange way to pick whiskies to try but as I like honey a lot it let me to start with Dalwhinnie 15 y and Highland Park 12 y !! 8) Not a bad place to start at all I learned later !! 8)

As I am still a novice malt drinker I still feel it hard to reckognize the tastes described in tasting notes let alone write some myself.

But I feel its quite a pleasant drinkable whisky for the summer months with its citrus fruits taste and finish!!

I will surely try some more Arran malts in the future including some special finishes.
MoreDalmore
Bronze Member

Postby The Third Dram » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:28 pm

MoreDalmore wrote:I will surely try some more Arran malts in the future including some special finishes.

Best one I've had to this point in time was a cask strength release matured in ex-Bourbon wood... Seemed to suit the characteristics of the distillate to a tee.
The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:13 am

I've had the Arran 12 and must say it was very good, it took me aback a little that it was so different from the 10. However after a while the sherry showed to be quite excellent. It's a great dram
Lawrence
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder