Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Anyone try CÙL NA CREAGAN, 8 YEAR OLD MALT SCOTCH

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Anyone try CÙL NA CREAGAN, 8 YEAR OLD MALT SCOTCH

Postby Novice Scotch Fan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:12 pm

I am a member of a wine cooperative in Canada called the Opimian Society and they get a small allotment of single malts each year. Anyway, this year "Cul Na Creagan, 8 and 12 year old are featured. Anyone ever try these? I have to buy six bottles at a time, so like to have some reliable musings on this before i decide whether or not to take the plunge.
Novice Scotch Fan
Gold Member

Re: Anyone try CÙL NA CREAGAN, 8 YEAR OLD MALT SCOTCH

Postby laurasangster » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Also a member of Opimian. Searched for Cùl na Creagan and also for Prabam Na Linhe without any success. Did you find out any more about this scotch?
laurasangster

Postby Novice Scotch Fan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:20 am

I have not been able to find any information. My friend who has been a member of the Opimian Society has purchased the scotch offering last year and said it was excellent. Now, of course, what he considers excellent another might consider the opposite, but I can say he is a big fan of Oban, so I would imagine this stuff is quite good. But, as you know it is always nice to have a tasting note for guidance before purchasing. I think I will pass on this and stick with stuff that I know I definitely enjoy. By the way, I googled the name and this post came up, which tells you there is literally nothing on the web about this scotch.
Novice Scotch Fan
Gold Member

Postby cathach » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 pm

http://www.gaelicwhisky.com/

Prában na Linne is a bottling co-op operated from the Isle of Skye and tries do conduct it's business in Gaelic and provide employment for the Islanders who I believe are part-shareholders. Open to correction on all of that though.
cathach
Silver Member

Postby Novice Scotch Fan » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:16 pm

I think you're right Cathack. Anyway a fellow scotch fan tells me the 12yr old is outstanding and he reorders it every year without disappointment. So, to all you Canadian Opimian members, this is good stuff.
Novice Scotch Fan
Gold Member

Postby trichards » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:05 am

Note that this is a blended malt, not single. However, I purchased a blend of 15 different 30-year-old single malts from Duncan Taylor in Scotland a few months ago and was really pleased with it.
trichards

Postby Novice Scotch Fan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 pm

Yes, I knew it was a blend, but a good one as I think it is just a blend of single malts with no filtration. Anyway, I have to order six bottles at a time, so I will either be very happy or rue the recommendation of my friend.
Novice Scotch Fan
Gold Member

Postby doctorisin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:36 am

A group of us opened the 12 year old yesterday and returned to it today. It's lovely, a complex, delicate but accessible whisky. Nice balance of peat, broad honey and heather notes. This whisky is from Skye but it visits Speyside. Good buy.
doctorisin

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder