Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

J&B Rare anyone?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

J&B Rare anyone?

Postby talisker10 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:48 am

Should I hang my head in shame? Should I return my Friends of Laphroaig membership? I have had the opportunity to get a bottle of Dewar's White Label (which I have liked OK) and J&B Rare here on the Ice..and I must say I actually like J&B better. I know I am not supposed to like it...but with a bit of water to knock out the grain taste it's very pleasant. The Dewar's isn't bad at all, but really the J&B is more pleasant. Anybody else like J&B? As far as SMS goes, I am down to about 2 drams of BenRiach Curiositas. I finished the Laphroaig CS after celebrating the completion of a big project while watching football with some coworkers. Sad to see it go.
talisker10
Silver Member

Re: J&B Rare anyone?

Postby CousinLarry » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:31 pm

If I am in a bar where the single malts are priced out of control, by which I mean a Glenfiddich 12 is $18 a glass or some such nonsense, I will go for J&B Rare.
CousinLarry

Re: J&B Rare anyone?

Postby jimidrammer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:02 pm

J&B Rare was where I started when I moved away from cheap bourbon, then onto Glenlivet 12yo and up the price scale and on and on... I like the light flavors of J&B, but like most blends it seemed to get stale as the bottle dwindled. I would still drink it as it kind of reminds me of good Irish blends, which are a pleasure.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder