Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Lismore 21yo: which distillery? Any guesses?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Lismore 21yo: which distillery? Any guesses?

Postby peergynt323 » Sun May 10, 2009 12:27 am

I am really becoming a fan of this one. :thumbsup: Definitely a flavorful, 100% sherry single malt. Does anyone have an idea of which distillery this could be? Maybe it's Glenfarclas (kind of like a trick question), but other distilleries with a lot of sherry casks would be ones like Glenrothes, Glendronach and Aberlour. Damn speyside malts for being so hard to distinguish.
peergynt323
Gold Member

Re: Lismore 21yo: which distillery? Any guesses?

Postby pkt77242 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:40 am

I believe that it is Glenrothes as well(though I have no proof and I hesitate to even call it an educated guess) and here is a link about Lismore on the forums

viewtopic.php?t=6683

peergynt323 wrote:Damn speyside malts for being so hard to distinguish.

I will second this. If you throw most of the speyside malts into good sherry casks they become much more difficult to tell apart.

Sean
pkt77242
Matured cask

Postby Ganga » Sun May 10, 2009 11:55 pm

We've debated this at the House of S'tan. Generally we think that they have switched distilleries from about 5 years ago. Originally we thought it was Glenrothes. We believe the current incarnation is Glenfarclas.

When I talked to the Lismore reps last fall they only smilled at me when I suggested it was Glenfarclas. The only thing said was, "A lot of people say that."
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby peergynt323 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:45 am

As far as I know, Glenfarclas doesn't put out any other 100% sherry vattings, so it wouldn't be redundant. It's hard to believe that the prices on this one are getting slashed so much if it is a 21 year old Glenfarclas. What's in a name indeed.
peergynt323
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder